• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dealer Code 06886 Milwaukee Wisconsin

Darrell Lewis

Local time
12:12 PM
Reaction score
Been a While:

Looking for information on my 1967 GTX that was shipped from St Louis 12/20/1966 to Sales Zone 55 which is Milwaukee from what I've been told, Looking for information on Dealer Code 06886 from 1967.. any members have these Dealer Code Names ?

Darrell

Is Dan Pausch a member here? If memory serves he has a good database on Chrysler corporation dealer numbers.
If he isn’t here, he’s on Moparts and E-Body.org as 6bblgt.

If you can't come up with more accurate information, I would venture a guess your car was sold new at Hub Chrysler Plymouth on the north side. I tracked one of my former '69 GTXs back to that location through the third owner, who knew the car from its early days as a street racer.

Here is an incomplete list of Closed dealers. The dealer code you have is not on this list so it will not help you unfortunately. Maybe it can be of use to others.

Facebook

I have a dealer code on the IBM card I got from Chrysler historical, but they weren't able to tell me the original selling dealer. I'll have to go through that list on my desktop. It is too small to read on my phone.

I see Dan answered the question when posted on Moparts.
Thurow motor sales in Wilton Wisconsin is the answer for anyone else interested. Their code changed to a different one sometime in 1970.

I found my IBM card, and the region is 16 and the dealer code is 92835. I believe the car was sold new in Arizona, can anyone confirm that?

I found my IBM card, and the region is 16 and the dealer code is 92835. I believe the car was sold new in Arizona, can anyone confirm that?
My '66 Satellite dealer code is 92755, and like yours, it was region 16. When Fastback Jon decoded my IBM card, he told me this about the dealer code:

"The best I can tell on the dealership is that this was a company (Chrysler) owned car so it didn't go to a dealership originally like it would have if a dealer or customer ordered it the normal way. The 9xxxx dealer codes all appear to be Chrysler."

My car was a St. Louis built car sold new in Wisconsin.

Thanks for the information. Maybe that is why Chrysler historical couldn't tell me where it was originally sold.

I believe such cars, if they were Chrysler ordered cars, may have been driven by execs or something before eventually being sold as new. That might also explain my late shipping date of September 15, 1966, although I don't know how that all worked. The SO date was 7/20, though. That had to be about as late as could be before switching over to the '67 models.

My car was built at Lynch Road. The shipping order date was 5/27 and the shipped date was 6/16. Also fairly late in the year.

My car was built at Lynch Road. The shipping order date was 5/27 and the shipped date was 6/16. Also fairly late in the year.
I think one of the 66’s at the acreage might be an August built car. Don’t think that should be correct, will check my records,

Auto Transport Service
Back