• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Decoding Production Broadcast sheet

Local time
3:28 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link for decoding a broadcast sheet for a 66 Belvedere ll? The links I have found cover a lot of yrs and the ones that said for 66-67 I didn't see anything that matched up to the codes on my sheet.Im guessing it probably has the basic stuff in it but would like to be for sure what came in it.Mainly making sure it has correct motor/trans in it and what rear end and gears and if they were any added options it came with that might no longer be there.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in dance. I posted sme pictures of t in he thread looking for pictues for 66-67.

Im getting the same thing there..For instance on the sheet they are actually 2 places where trans is mentioned.The first place is in the second row and there is only the digit 1 under it.And the second place is in the fourth row where it actually says build codes at the top and under trans it has 326..There is no code 326 on that webpage.there is a 001 code for 67 being a 3spd..But under axle it has a single digit 2 on the second row and on the 4th row its 014..On that page 002 is two tone paint and 014 is something about stamped steel wheels and 426 street wedge engine on 64-65.And others don't match up either.Im not making any sense of it.

Im getting the same thing there..For instance on the sheet they are actually 2 places where trans is mentioned.The first place is in the second row and there is only the digit 1 under it.And the second place is in the fourth row where it actually says build codes at the top and under trans it has 326..There is no code 326 on that webpage.there is a 001 code for 67 being a 3spd..But under axle it has a single digit 2 on the second row and on the 4th row its 014..On that page 002 is two tone paint and 014 is something about stamped steel wheels and 426 street wedge engine on 64-65.And others don't match up either.Im not making any sense of it.

In general, broadcast sheets have two types of codes, the sales code and the part number or assembly code of the item in question. Line two TRANS uses the sales code format. Since that is box 39, the sales code you want is code 391 (three speed manual column shift).

The three digit code on line 4 is the actual plant assembly number for the transmission. The assembly number takes into account an entire assembly, not just an individual part. For example, the 391 code only tells you the car had a three speed manual transmission column shift. This would be true for any body style that offered that set up (such as in an A, B, C body) The assembly number tells you the specific assembly for that particular application.

I don't know this to be true but the 391 A body assembly could be different than the C body assembly due to the variation in the actual shift mechanism. Each would have it's own assembly number.

The sales code tells you the "What". The assembly code tells you the specific "Which". Code 326 is the assembly number for a B body three speed manual column shift transmission. I don't know this for a fact but for example only: the assembly code could have been 325 for the A body and code 327 for the C body assembly.

The second half of line 4 and all of line 5 are the assembly codes.

The 2nd link PlumCrazyRR give me made a little more sense.It had codes on it that none of the other sites had on them.Thanks for you guys help..From what I can gather it had the basic stuff.66 Belvedere ll,318 Poly engine 2bbl,3spd/column,294 gear single traction

Auto Transport Service
Back