• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Define-Pro Touring and Resto Mod

My car's name is BRAIN DAMAGE, dont know WHAT the heck it is LOL

Jumping in here with something I don't think
meets either category, and is more of a custom,
or home built "specialty" vehicle. The chassis
is custom designed, and is basically is a totally
different component. With required mods,
(to the body sheet metal), just about any body
can be mounted to it. Such a vehicle may
incorporate a chassis built by companies
such a Factory Five. These vehicles work kind
of in a reverse design process.
Few take building to this level due to the
engineering expertise, time, and $$ involved.
20180424_143732.jpg
20190615_144602.jpg
image001(1).jpg

Last edited:
Well I'd say that is a tube chassis, if placed under a vintage car then that car would be a restomod to most. If it is placed under something like a Factory Five body then it is a home built or custom built car.

Well I'd say that is a tube chassis, if placed under a vintage car then that car would be a restomod to most. If it is placed under something like a Factory Five body then it is a home built or custom built car.
Thanks for the response!
That is exactly my point. This body doesn't have
one part that hasn't been modified in one way
or another. The bed is hand built. The front grille
is made from patio furniture. The rear fenders
and running boards lost 3 inches in length.
I cringe when some youngster eyes the truck
and calls it a rat rod.
20200804_201032.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely NOT a rat rod!! Thats a fantastic truck.
Thanks. It's been a labor of love, 26 years in the making. My one and only Mopar. Bought the
truck for $51.00 bucks from my ex boss (a
a veteran), who passed away not too long ago.

Well you've done well, took me over 10 years to do my Cuda and now I am doing a 71 Charger to be followed by a 70 RR. Hopefully I will be able to get them done before I am done.. LOL

I meant to add this, I have never been a fan of "stock", I do appreciate it but I MUCH prefer "built" in whatever form. My Cuda is essentially a restomod, my 70 Challenger RT a "light" restomod but the Charger and RR will both be restomod/hotrods respectively.

Well you've done well, took me over 10 years to do my Cuda and now I am doing a 71 Charger to be followed by a 70 RR. Hopefully I will be able to get them done before I am done.. LOL
If you're anything like me, you will. I'm gonna finish
this truck if it kills me....

20200530_151222.jpg
I meant to add this, I have never been a fan of "stock", I do appreciate it but I MUCH prefer "built" in whatever form. My Cuda is essentially a restomod, my 70 Challenger RT a "light" restomod but the Charger and RR will both be restomod/hotrods respectively.
How about some pics? Would love to see 'em.
I can appreciate someone else's. talents and
vision. (mechanical engineer, 46 years, now
retired). PS...my son, a 9 year veteran w/army,
has done all of the sheetmetal work.

Thats awesome and I agree that so long as I can muster the financial side I will get them done. The Charger is already pretty much financed but the RR will need some support. So here are some pics;

1. 70 Challenger RT - originally a 440 car, AT, PS, PB, AC, stereo, 6 way seat, 3.55 track pack, EK2 Go Mango with longitudinal stripes. Now 440 EFI 6 pack, AT EV2 Hemi orange with 3.55 SG and some minor "improvements.

2. 73 Barracuda - originally a 318 AT corp blue car. Now 416 EFI 6 pack, full bracing, 4 speed, 3.23 SG, 4 link rear, big brakes, etc. LOTS of fabrication on this car.

3. 71 Charger - was a 318 AT AC B5 blue. Will be 5.7 Hemi, TKS 5 speed, not sure if I am even going to paint this car, if I can get the patina on the new panels to match I wont.

4. 70 RR - was a 383 AT manual steering/brake car. Will be a 426 Hemi, 4 speed, tilt front end (thats how I got it) with Charger type gas filler on the Pass quarter top. This car will get a lot of fabrication with the intent to make it a street bruiser.

IMG_0122.jpeg
IMG_0582.JPG
6-12 019 (1024x684).jpg
IMG_0015.jpg
20200623_103039.jpg
IMG_2116.JPG
IMG_2466.JPG
IMG_3682.JPG

Some nice work and cars there, 70chall440.
My interests have been a little more spread out
as far as makes go. Thru the years I've restored
3 other vehicles. two of which I have no pics
of other than in a scrapbook. The Jeep was a
ground-up rebuild. Axles, T case, engine, trans,
and body, have been in pieces on the shop floor.
image005-1.jpg

Some nice work and cars there, 70chall440.
My interests have been a little more spread out
as far as makes go. Thru the years I've restored
3 other vehicles. two of which I have no pics
of other than in a scrapbook. The Jeep was a
ground-up rebuild. Axles, T case, engine, trans,
and body, have been in pieces on the shop floor.
View attachment 1187631

Ive pretty much always been a Mopar guy although I have owned other brands; a couple Vettes, some Japanese cars (when I lived in Okinawa), etc. I've never owned a Jeep although I have a lot of seat time in one, specifically a M151 when in the Army. Thats a vehicle that I always thought I should get but every time I looked at one it just didn't do anything for me. I know they have a huge following and very versatile.

Here is a truck I built some years ago and only recently sold. 52 Dodge B3B with a 56 Desoto 330 Hemi. A lot of fabrication in this thing. I put a 88 Dakota front clip under it, moved the firewall back about 8 inches, C channeled the rear of the frame, etc.

1-4-14 007 (640x427).jpg
52 B3B.jpg
IMG_0207.JPG
IMG_2071.JPG
IMG_3154.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back