• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Diagnosing Lean Cylinder

Is the cam cl 106? If I read that right
If it is EFI really needs 110 to get a good map signal, single plane helps but not enough for the self learn to work.

Is the cam cl 106? If I read that right
If it is EFI really needs 110 to get a good map signal, single plane helps but not enough for the self learn to work.
I agree with the computer having a hard time with the big cam.
That's the general consensus I've seen.

If your unsure about any part of the build I'd be putting a degree wheel on it!you can't grow a cherry with apple seeds!

I agree with the computer having a hard time with the big cam.
That's the general consensus I've seen.
When I was searching Holleys EFI tech site the only thing I found related to size was that some of the tunes listed 245° as a max, never saw anything about ICL or LSA.
Thanks

okay,so what exactly is In this 440 ??
for pistons and cam.
that 122 is meh to me too.
and i agree,you should go ahead and tear the front off and set a degree wheell on it,i think you might save yourself And your sanity after a few spins

okay,so what exactly is In this 440 ??
for pistons and cam.
that 122 is meh to me too.
and i agree,you should go ahead and tear the front off and set a degree wheell on it,i think you might save yourself And your sanity after a few spins

Stock stroke, 4.35 bore, KB236 pistons- top ring gapped .028, 4.38 gasket .051 comp thickness. RPM 84 cc heads, promagnum 1.5 rollers, 924-16 springs installed 1.88 315# and of course the cam. Cant remember if the lifters are the 822s or 867. PROgear timing chain, Holley Terminator HP

When I was searching Holleys EFI tech site the only thing I found related to size was that some of the tunes listed 245° as a max, never saw anything about ICL or LSA.
Thanks

Is your oxygen sensor on the driver side or odd side 1357? Having the O2 sensor on this side would catch the lean cylinders.
But the bigger problem is if your cam is in fact 106 CL your idle will be erratic because of the map sensor readings. You can change over to alpha n tuning, and this disables self-learning to a certain RPM, my guess is if it's a 106 centerline it will probably straighten up at about 12 -1400 RPM and your Lean spots go away.
Alpha and tuning is old school non-self learning but you will learn what your engine likes and what it doesn't.
The easy test is to turn your idle up to 1400 and see if your lean spots go away.
What is your idle set now?

Danny over the holly forums is a great source you will not lead you astray. Can be abrupt sometimes if you haven't read his other posts.

Is your oxygen sensor on the driver side or odd side 1357? Having the O2 sensor on this side would catch the lean cylinders.
But the bigger problem is if your cam is in fact 106 CL your idle will be erratic because of the map sensor readings. You can change over to alpha n tuning, and this disables self-learning to a certain RPM, my guess is if it's a 106 centerline it will probably straighten up at about 12 -1400 RPM and your Lean spots go away.
Alpha and tuning is old school non-self learning but you will learn what your engine likes and what it doesn't.
The easy test is to turn your idle up to 1400 and see if your lean spots go away.
What is your idle set now?

Danny over the holly forums is a great source you will not lead you astray. Can be abrupt sometimes if you haven't read his other posts.
Yes it is and I would have thought so too. As far as tuning every time I think I'm catching on to the premise something throws me a curve ball and what I thought/expect would happen doesn't or does the opposite which does nothing but confuse me! Lol!!!
Danny is an encyclopedia of knowledge but can be fickle with his answers. I can read but sometimes his expectations are that everyone will understand his post unequivocaly without question or doubt and to keep referring back to his same references doesn't help.
I spoke to Rich today ( Fastman EFI) & think I'm going to shell out the $300 and let him jack with it. It will be a real time tutorial as well. I just need to verify that the WiFi is fast enough at the shop.

Auto Transport Service
Back