• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dick Butkus won't be down

R.I.P.

R.I.P. I've got an old NFL video that features him "NFL Crunchtime". He comes across as a very intelligent guy in the interviews...and an absolute maniac on the football field.
80 is a good run for someone who put their body through all that punishment.

Damn !!! Who's gonna Be Left to Represent the Real NFL Compared to the "Prima-Donna's" Out There Now ???
Rest In Peace Mr Butkus...

some of my earliest memories involve "Freddie" across the street. He was born exactly one month after me. Fred Sr was a high school football coach. Freddie was a hard nosed 5 year old, lmao, maybe six....... played rough, used to say "I'm Dick Butkus!"

One of the best ! Walter and him are having some laughs how they punished the other teams !

An all-time top player, watched him play in games against the Giants back in the day. Awesome. R.I.P. to an all-time legend.

I remember hearing about him as a kid, but didn’t see him play. Beautiful Kaylee with a nice retrospect.

Dick Butkus was a household name when I was growing up. He name was synonymous with being the toughest guy on the field. The Bears had 2 first round picks in '65. They took Dick Butkus with the #3 pick and Gale Sayers with the #4 pick. NFL Films made a great A Football Life episode about both of them.

One of my favorite parts of Johnny Dangerously was when Roman Maroni was swearing up a storm and Dick Butkus says "the mouth on that guy". :lol:

R.I.P. to a true legend.

RIP Sir!! Damn.. A Legend... I haven't watched football in years but if the game were played by men like Mr Butkus I'd still be a fan...

He is a legend here. From a time Chicago actually had sports heroes, something that really hasn’t been the case for the past several decades.

R.I.P. I've got an old NFL video that features him "NFL Crunchtime". He comes across as a very intelligent guy in the interviews...and an absolute maniac on the football field.
80 is a good run for someone who put their body through all that punishment.
A Red X @Ron H ? Wha fer?

RIP Mr. Butkus. :praying:

Rest in Peace!

He was the very first NFL player that I was a huge fan of growing up. I was fortunate to meet him as a kid. wonderful guy, that is until the helmet and cleats went on! Crunch time! Loved the way he played. How it should be!

Auto Transport Service
Back