• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did everyone have a decent Friday the 13th??

Every Friday for the last 4 months I hop on my 850 CanAm Max quad and ride 85 miles, bar hopping. Yesterday was a blast! Can't wait for next Friday.
Mike

The 13th was fine by me (my birthday). Worked some, went to the cruise-in later, had a fantastic
little dinner with the love of my life while downtown as well.
Even beat the rain back to the house afterwards. :thumbsup:
8-13-21.jpg

(No, I wasn't born on a Friday - it was a Sunday :))

Friday the 13th? Superstitions are crazy? Besides, everyone knows being superstitious is bad luck!

Saw Kings of Leon. Won the tix from Sirius.

Cr8 and I went to Cabela's as he had a return to do, follow up check over at Scheel's too. I tagged along for the ride and to just GTFO of the house. I did a ammo & price check, prices still to high for me to buy but coming down. 100rds of .38spl for $62, 50rds of .45 for $39, a couple deals on shotgun, but that's about it. Shelfs are getting fuller too. Had the clearest air day in 2 weeks and now the ****'s back. All is/was good!
The .45 price doesn't sound too bad.

Those prices are about what we pay in Canada in Canadian dollars, so our ammo is slightly less expensive but harder to find. I reload pretty much 100% of what I shoot and have noticed horrible increases in the price of powder and primers. I got lucky a few weeks ago, a buddy sold me eight boxes of Winchester factory .264 Win Mag for a hundred Canadian dollars. Worth over five hundred IF I could find it. Not a common caliber here in moose country.

Having the relationship I do with Murphy and his laws, I've always viewed it as the day bad things happen to other people.

I even go out of my way to walk under ladders and cross paths with black cats on that day.

As I always say, just another day in paradise.

I had a phone call about 10:30am to say an old DC motor on another site I look after was making a funny squeaking noise....but not to panic...the Engineer has it under control. So I wasn't required on site. :)

About an hour later I get another phone call....better come over and take a peek.....bearing change & com skim didn't help any....

Nek minute, I am rushing around on a Friday afternoon second guessing to pick up supplies for a Saturday swap-over. Went from the 50+ year old variable speed DC motor to a modern 3-phase motor and VFD. Saturday turned out to be quite lucrative for me. :D

Fixed up a couple of issues that the guys have had for 20+ years on site with trailing cables etc.....and the machine will be easier to fault find from now on.

Best Friday 13th ever. :thumbsup:
Curious what application this motor was used in? What brand VFD did you use.

Friday was just a regular work day for me.
The damage was already done on Saturday the 7th when some drunk smashed my old 7.3.
Sorry I had to vent

Curious what application this motor was used in? What brand VFD did you use.
SEW Movitrac 2.2kW 3-phase 415V.
It is running a motor for a rotary knife on an Extruder. Needs speeds anywhere between 700-1700 RPM. The Movitrac is a nice easy unit to install and use, and the supplier doesn't dick me around like the ABB guy does. Price is reasonable also.

Even better....I had a brand new one in my van for another job....so I 'borrowed ' it. :)

The .45 price doesn't sound too bad.
If you think .78 cents a pop is a good deal, go right ahead and buy it! Before Covid, .45 was going for around $20-25 for 100rds all day long!

Friday was just a regular work day for me.
The damage was already done on Saturday the 7th when some drunk smashed my old 7.3.
Sorry I had to vent

This wouldn't have by chance happen at a HAN event, did it? Sorry to hear this!

Last edited:
If you think .78 cents a pop is a good deal, go right ahead and buy it! Before Covid, .45 was going for around $20-25 for 100rds all day long!

Not related to HAN.
Truck was parked in front of my house, drunk kid in his moms Mercedes smashed it. I live in a good neighborhood with expensive homes and am not on a real busy street.
Please be careful where you park.

If you think .78 cents a pop is a good deal, go right ahead and buy it! Before Covid, .45 was going for around $20-25 for 100rds all day long!For 50rds.

69a, not in Ohio; high 30's.For 50.

Last edited:
on the friday the 13th i was parking cars and playing music at the Vietnam traveling wall . what an honor . in the three days i was there we had over 5,000 people come and see it with lots of tears and people looking for there loved ones . the best part was taking there picture at the wall
20210815_074443_HDR.jpg
20210815_074406_HDR.jpg
20210815_165439_HDR.jpg

seeing the traveling wall is one thing but if you get a chance see the real thing

Solid thread Cranky! Friday the 13th. has always been good for me. I was born on that day in '54. It's come by a few times since then. (August)

Auto Transport Service
Back