• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did I do something wrong ?

Zero camber is fine for a drag car. You want some negative camber for a car that will be street driven if you want a little better handling and even tire wear.

No actually my 63 calls for 1/4 to 1/2 positive camber by the factory specs. But like I say I like to set them right at zero and I have had my 63 on the road with them settings since 2006. I still have the same front tires on it with no uneven wear as they are wearing perfectly and it handles nicely for a 1963 car. Now if I had a car that calls for negative camber then I may set it different as I like to see what the factory specs are first when the car has a stock front end and then work from there. Ron

No actually my 63 calls for 1/4 to 1/2 positive camber by the factory specs. But like I say I like to set them right at zero and I have had my 63 on the road with them settings since 2006. I still have the same front tires on it with no uneven wear as they are wearing perfectly and it handles nicely for a 1963 car. Now if I had a car that calls for negative camber then I may set it different as I like to see what the factory specs are first when the car has a stock front end and then work from there. Ron
Yeah, but we know that the factory alignment settings for 60s and 70s era cars with bias ply tires were nowhere near optimal for handling. They were for ease of steering.
The only people that I know with bias plies on the street are drag racers or show cars. Any car that is driven a lot on the street has radials and they respond well to some caster and negative camber.
I respect your expertise but there are plenty of Mopar guys that like a balanced car that can turn fast as well as drive fast in a straight line.
:steering:

Auto Transport Service
Back