• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Difference in 67' and 68' oe intake manifolds

Local time
7:19 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone I have a question regarding the original air conditioning equipment to the original intake manifolds.
My car is a 67' that originally had a factory 2bbl. with air conditioning.. After a engine rebuild I ended up with bigger exhaust valves on the 516 heads and a mediocre lift Comps cam with springs etc.. kit. Then a dp4b intake and a 750 carb.
With all that the original a/c compressor bracket couldn't mount to the higher intakes base such as the dp4b intake I got so I removed all the a/c stuff and converted the pulleys etc... to make it all work.. I figured some day I may go real wild with the motor and either way would have to run aftermarket air conditioning on the car. After reconsidering years later I am going to keep it a cruiser and now considering reinstalling all the original a/c stuff I still have and converting it to 134a.
Here is my question. I know the 1968 dodge intake (part #2806310) original 4 bbl. Intake manifold is alittle taller and also has way bigger runners on the intake vs the original Dodge 1967 4bbl. intake manifold. With that said does anyone know if there would be any problem getting my original 1967 a/c equipment to mount back up like it should with the 68' intake manifold? I assume the base of the intake manifold where the a/c compressor bracket sits on top is the same in 67 and 68 but I don't know. I know in 1968 the heads and intakes changed and I don't know if there is any other changes that would result in it not all going back together like it should.
I have the original 2 bbl intake and carb. but with those mods, full length headers/exhaust and a 2500 TCI stall I dont want to put that 2bbl intake and carb back on?
Thanks in advance.

With headers & a stall converter,...why not ditch the AC, Power steering & anything else clutterering up the under hood engine bay !! Make see Oem factory style room to fit the best flowing intake & 4 barrel carb..... 440 Cruise = 4 windows down,....40 Mph .....No clunky AC needed !!

If I remember correctly on my 383 2bbl, there was 1 bracket that mounted on top of the intake manifold. Make one that does what you need n keep whatcha got.

With headers & a stall converter,...why not ditch the AC, Power steering & anything else clutterering up the under hood engine bay !! Make see Oem factory style room to fit the best flowing intake & 4 barrel carb..... 440 Cruise = 4 windows down,....40 Mph .....No clunky AC needed !!
440 cruise doesn't work in 110° Inland Empire in the summer where the OP lives. N definitely doesn't work in 125° summers where I live.

A gloss white vintage swamp cooler AC unit would look pretty !!

That pretty much answers it thanks I'll prob just go with a 4bbl intake off a 67' if not the original intake I have now. I thought of having another bracket made awhile ago for the a/c but wasn't sure if I wanted to do that and glad I didnt. I'm keeping this car more as a cruiser.
Thanks

Here is my question......does anyone know if there would be any problem getting my original 1967 a/c equipment to mount back up like it should with the 68' intake manifold?

You can use the 68 intake manifold in place of your 67 intake manifold.

Auto Transport Service
Back