• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dip stick hole

Roger63

Local time
8:42 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen this? It appears that a metal plug has been inserted into the dipstick hole.
20230505_184054.jpg

Remove the pan and tap out with a punch. Dodge pickups used them because the dipstick bolted into a fitting in the side of the oil pan.

Possible motorhome or truck block. They run the dipstick on the side of the oil pan.

I got it out by drilling a small hole half way through and screwing in a sheet metal screw and yanking it out.
Thank y'all

I have mine tapped with a pipe plug on my block. I run Moroso 4 vane vacuum pump.

Well of all the things not to be on You Tube...

Back in the 80's there was a spoof I believe it was on SNL, could have been Rick Dees, about those annoying "Your Door is Ajar" Messages... The woman's voice warned that the door was ajar a couple times then proceeded to say "Your Dipstick is Long" To which a man's voice responded "Thank You"....

I was gonna drop it right here but I couldn't find it... Hopefully someone gets a chuckle ut of the typed version...

That's the ultra-rare, Mopar, dip stick delete option!

Hang on to the plug, there's guys out there that need them for their 440 truck install

Auto Transport Service
Back