• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

disc brake help on 70rr

TRAMO

Local time
9:28 AM
Reaction score
ok guys need a little brake help.my right front caliper will stick after the brakes are depressed 4 or 5 times. but will unstick when i open the bleeder.i replaced the brake hoses didnt help .i replace the right caliper and still didnt help. even the left caliper gets very tight but does not stick completly. the 70 manual says the residual pressure valve inthe master cyl might be the problem, but the illustrations show the residual valve controls the rear brakes. any help appreciated.also the front calipers are off 73 duster.

Try cracking the brake line at the master and if the brake releases you have a master problem or an adjustment problem

well,its either the prop valve or the master at this point.bm02tj is right and that should tell you wich to change.

Or try loosing the nuts mounting the MC to booster, if pushrod is too long. If releases then will need to grind some length off pushrod. With clean brake fluid should see the MC piston move with strong flashlight in bore. Do not want it to move till press brake pedal. Also check for misadjusted brake light switch, if really bad adjusted might be holding it in.

Auto Transport Service
Back