• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disc brake conversion

Paul73

Local time
2:57 AM
Reaction score
Hello, I have some questions about front disc brakes on a 69 road runner. My road runner is a four wheel drum brake car. The brakes work decent but aren’t great and I have a 440 in it so I really want good brakes. I happen to have a set of brake calipers and pads that were going to go on my 73 charger but I’m going a different direction with that and I have these calipers sitting around. They are the pin type calipers. I was wanting to use these calipers on my road runner but they obviously don’t bolt right on. My question is what kind spindles would I need to mount these pin type calipers on my road runner? Would a set of 73 charger spindles work? Same thing with the brackets. Never done anything like this before. Any advice would help.
Thanks
Paul

Pin type caliper adapters come in 2 sizes 10.75" rotor and 11.75" rotor. The larger rotor ones very expensive if you find them. Recommend you buy a kit, dr diff is one. If your running 14" 2 wheels be careful to make sure kit works with them.

I agree the Dr Diff kit is the easiest route and best bang for the buck. I prefer the 15/16 manual disc brakes and do not miss power assist.

Pin type caliper adapters come in 2 sizes 10.75" rotor and 11.75" rotor. The larger rotor ones very expensive if you find them. Recommend you buy a kit, dr diff is one. If you’re running 14" 2 wheels be careful to make sure kit works with them.
Ok, I am in fact running 14” wheels. I will watch out for that.

You might consider going to 15's can get the 11.75" rotors.. That's your call. your

Auto Transport Service
Back