• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disk Brake Lines Question

kenw383

Local time
8:08 AM
Reaction score
I'm converting my 66 Satellite over to power disk/drum brakes over from a dual chamber master cylinder with manual drums. I am using a CPP power booster/master cylinder/proportioning valve combo. Does anyone have any suggestions for brake lines? I could try to bend my own from the prop valve to the existing lines or go all new if I could be sure they will fit. Anyone else do this conversion that can share their knowledge? Thanks!

I think you should build your own lines. For what store bought lines will cost you can purchase the tubing tools you will need plus the materials then the tools and skills will be yours forever.
Mike

I’m bending my own brakes now on a 69 Charger, I bought the Eastwood pro brake tubing flaring tool.

I don’t always make a perfect flare, but when I do, I forget the flare nut.

:lol:

Not hard to do given the right tools.
You can use your old lines as
templates, or a stiff wire for routing
where an original tube does not
exist. Make sure you create coils
in the lines at the master for flexing.

Don't practice on the car you will be driving.
New lines are not that expensive and will last your lifetime.
No wondering if you did something wrong.
Go braided steel on the flex lines as well.
"Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten."

I’m bending my own brakes now on a 69 Charger, I bought the Eastwood pro brake tubing flaring tool.

I don’t always make a perfect flare, but when I do, I forget the flare nut.

:lol:
But let's be honest, that makes you twice as good at doing flares!

Auto Transport Service
Back