• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Distribution block and proportioning valve leaking

booah

Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
Hi
Not many posts for me , I apologise:).
I am about to get the Roadrunner registered here in Australia and only today noticed a small drip from the distribution block. the leak is actually coming of the (proportioning valve?) going to the rear lines. it looks like there is a small weep hole in the side of the brass hex body and thats where its coming from. Anyone know what this is for?
Can I just replace with an adjustable pro porting valve?
Will I be able to find a new one?
What is the peephole for and can I get a kit to repair?
its a 68 Roadrunner with manual disc fronts and drum rears. looks like the dist block has never been removed.

some pics. the hole is on the back side of the brass hex in the second pic.
distblock.jpg

the leak is on the back side. had my daughter pump the brakes and know its not from the tube and ferrel but watched it come out the hole on the backside.
propvalve.jpg

thanks

Last edited:
I would replace the block or use an adjustable valve for the rear and a brass T for the front lines.

If the lines will come loose from the block I would just get a factory replacement. If the lines do NOT release from the block without cutting the longer lines, then I would look at the Wilwood after market valve assy. It does away with all other fittings in the brake system. Picture also shows master.2014-5-31-2 Wilwood Master and valve kit.jpg

Inline tube sells new proportioning valves. You might want to consider replacing the brake lines while you're at it they don't cost much and it's a fairly easy job.

http://inlinetube.com/Prop Valves/pro_valves.htm

I prefer going the factory route because I don't like flaring and bending brake lines.

If the lines will come loose from the block I would just get a factory replacement. If the lines do NOT release from the block without cutting the longer lines, then I would look at the Wilwood after market valve assy. It does away with all other fittings in the brake system. Picture also shows master.View attachment 194893

Hey AMX,

Any more pics of your wildwood install?

You might find it to be something pretty simple, like an internal seal (O-ring?) This is for my 67 Dodge but just find the appropriate schematic for your year.

c3tk8.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back