• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Distributor problems

zigs

Local time
6:45 AM
Reaction score
Bought a set of Edelbrock E streets for my 470stroker. The distributor rubs the corner of the head. I've heard guys shave the corner down. The distributor isn't that far off. How much can I shave with out compromising the head. Anyone have to do this ? 006 (640x480).jpg

hello zigs, yes you will have to remove some material depending on what dist. you are using...? I did this a couple weeks ago with engine in place. I would insert dist as far as it will go and then mark areas on both head and dist. then use a small air sander like a 3" with like a 50 grit disc after pulling dist out. Make sure the dist is in close proximity of correct timing position. I would also remove all or most of matl. from dist. housing if possible, at least that way you "wont hit water". good luck, its not that big of a deal, but I'd hate to any deeper than .080 thousands or so on the head because water jacket may only be 1/4" or so in????

Thanks for the reply . I don't think it will take that much. It was even suggested to shave the dist housing . I may do a little of both. Not quite sure were timing is on it yet , haven't gotten that far . Been looking at stroker picture to see where vac advance is located.

Auto Transport Service
Back