• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do I have a choke?

No problem, the AVS has a spring-loaded "choke plate" over the secondary barrels. I like them better because a little bit easier to tune for secondary tip in.

With Carid watch out for shipping & handling costs.

Thanks Fran I found that out the hard way, no matter what the size the international shipping is always the same plus they don't group items. Great for a single part though as a lovely friendly website.

You also need to make sure your heat riser works and intake crossover is not plugged for this to work properly

You also need to make sure your heat riser works and intake crossover is not plugged for this to work properly
Any tips for doing that? I plan to clean up the intake once I take off the carb.

Alex that eBay probably won't work, I'm thinking your choke should be sitting down in the well in intake manifold. Also length of rod won't match up w/o a lot of bending.

Alex that eBay probably won't work, I'm thinking your choke should be sitting down in the well in intake manifold. Also length of rod won't match up w/o a lot of bending.
Yes you are dead right I came to that conclusion myself after looking at it properly with photos while under the bonnet, I ordered the right one for the silly money but supply and demand is fair enough, it's the only one I could find anywhere in the world.

Yes, has to be flatter on top. Like the one I posted previously. They are like that for a reason.

Auto Transport Service
Back