• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do I have to do port work to the heads?

Bens69PlymouthSatellite

Local time
9:05 AM
Reaction score
I have a 69 roadrunner I'm building with a 440 mag engine I wanna put a 545 lift cam in it and use edlbrock performer heads my question is would I have to port and polish the heads for a cam that size?

Thanks alot u totally answered my question I would be happy getting 10's in a 1/4 you were very helpful, this is my first of hopefully many great mopars,and I am definently strapped for cash, so your recomendation on the other heads was also much appreciated, I am going to be runnin a comp cam in mine lunati is nice though, thanks for your input and u take care of that sweet ride!
Ben

Hey Ben, thats a very mild cam and should work will with the 440cid and Ed heads. getting into 10s in the 1/4 mile is going to take a complete car package not just a mild 440. Chrysler has published book with packages that tell you what you need in order to get a car into a time zone. You can find them in the chassis book or the old reprint of the old DC blue book. Good luck.

Ben, if you are seriously planning on getting the 440source heads you'd better call them and get your name on the waiting list. They are back ordered until December and are currently taking names. I've been on it for about a month and a half.

Tens arent as easy as a lot of people would lead you to believe. Unless youre a seasoned drag racer Bucks 13.03 feels pretty danged fast. im running Indy heads and a fairly big roller cam with 10.5 to 1 compression and im hoping for 11.20s

Auto Transport Service
Back