• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you have a Champion Cooling Systems Radiator in your car?

I have one,fit like a glove and works well. Very happy with it. Was crusing around Reno for HAN in august and it never got over 210 without a shroud.

I have one,fit like a glove and works well. Very happy with it. Was crusing around Reno for HAN in august and it never got over 210 without a shroud.
Awesome. It was pretty hot this year, and HAN is especially hot and sticky. Glad to see it worked out for you... especially without a shroud! I often get calls from guys with BBCs and say they're running 205-210 during the summer, and that's really normal for a 400+ BBC.

We're going to start a custom build for my car next week to showcase our Custom Shop and the kind of work we can do, in addition to our drop-in units. Be sure to check out our Cool Rides section and submit your car... would love to have a wagon feature, too!

For anyone who visits our Cool Rides page and submits their Champion-equipped car or truck to be featured, include your mailing address and we will send you a *FREE* Billet Radiator Cap (like the one pictured below) to replace the steel one. But you have to submit your ride via the website; just click on any featured car and at the bottom of each article is a contact link.
upload_2017-11-9_5-16-54.jpeg

I used a Champion in my Roadrunner and have been very happy with it. I think my car might be a more realistic and interesting car to feature than the show boats you have on there now. My car was built as a challenge to see how using brains and basic skills instead of dollars can get you a nice ride that most anyone can afford.

24312913_10214871642846699_6185523168832734691_n.jpg

I used a Champion in my Roadrunner and have been very happy with it. I think my car might be a more realistic and interesting car to feature than the show boats you have on there now. My car was built as a challenge to see how using brains and basic skills instead of dollars can get you a nice ride that most anyone can afford.

View attachment 547158
Awesome... not all the cars are 'showboats'.... and we love drivers over trailer queens. That's the one thing about most of the features: they are driven by their owners. Click the link at the bottom of the articles and reach out to me... all the info is there and we'd love to add your car and story to the mix! Thanks!

Thanks for looking out for us little guys !

Thanks for looking out for us little guys !
Interestingly enough... if you follow the AMBR award (America's Most Beautiful Roadster), the winner this year was the Mulholland Speedster - and we built the radiator for that car. But I still prefer drivers over show queens.

mspeedster.jpg radiator1.jpg

Awesome... not all the cars are 'showboats'.... and we love drivers over trailer queens. That's the one thing about most of the features: they are driven by their owners. Click the link at the bottom of the articles and reach out to me... all the info is there and we'd love to add your car and story to the mix! Thanks!
There are cars that are driven by their owners and there are drivers. :) I'll guarantee most of those cars don't see much time on the road. Mine is my daily driver on the weekends and weekdays after work. I come home and go to dinner, need to go to the store, need to go anywhere, it's in the Bird. And I do all this driving in Florida.

I kept the steel radiator that came from the doner car I pulled the engine from because I had never used a new aluminum unit, and I recently gave that steel one away as I'm confident I won't be needing it. That radiator with a shroud and a flex fan keep the 440 at the right temperature even when sitting in traffic in 98-degree heat day after day.

To me it makes no sense to pay $300-$500 for an OEM unit, then more money to have it cleaned or re-cored, when you can buy a new Champion for a fraction of the cost and you know it'll do what you need done right out of the box. So unless you're doing a resto, you should go with a Champion.

There are cars that are driven by their owners and there are drivers. :) I'll guarantee most of those cars don't see much time on the road. Mine is my daily driver on the weekends and weekdays after work. I come home and go to dinner, need to go to the store, need to go anywhere, it's in the Bird. And I do all this driving in Florida.

I kept the steel radiator that came from the doner car I pulled the engine from because I had never used a new aluminum unit, and I recently gave that steel one away as I'm confident I won't be needing it. That radiator with a shroud and a flex fan keep the 440 at the right temperature even when sitting in traffic in 98-degree heat day after day.

To me it makes no sense to pay $300-$500 for an OEM unit, then more money to have it cleaned or re-cored, when you can buy a new Champion for a fraction of the cost and you know it'll do what you need done right out of the box. So unless you're doing a resto, you should go with a Champion.
You know, I'd love for you to visit our Facebook page and give us a 'review'... comments like this are what it's all about, and also one reason I chose to switch careers to work for this company. I believe in our products and the people I work with are great. I've especially learned in the past month how well they treat their employees.

For example:
Five years ago, I broke my leg. I was a salaried employee at another company, and even though I worked an average of 9-10 hours a day, I had to use vacation pay or sick pay for my 2 hour doctor's appointment once a month. When my surgery date came, I had no more sick/vacation pay, and even though I worked 10 hours that Monday-Thursday (40 hours) and then 6 hours on Friday, they told me that I had to take 2 hours 'no pay' to leave at 3 pm (2 hours early).

Last month, I had a heart attack early Saturday morning and was in the hospital until Tuesday. I was instructed to not go back to work for a week, and the following week was Thanksgiving. Champion not only came to visit me (both my bosses) while I was in the hospital, one manager brought my truck to my home for me from the hospital, and another came to pick my up and take me home since I was not supposed to drive. But wait, there's more: I was out of work for two weeks (2 of those were holidays) and I received my full pay for both weeks, even though I didn't have any vacation built up (new employee).

The company prides itself on caring about others, and it shows. By the way, prior to my attack, I had a very lucrative job offer to edit a prominent publication, and turned it down because I like where I am. I now know, without a doubt, I made the proper and right decision.

Auto Transport Service
Back