• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dodge pulling out of nascar Again

puss

I totally agree and I totally respect tony for leaving gibbs over the whole toyota deall
tony quit because he's a chevy guy, the only guy in any motorsport with the balls to stick to his guns. as for those forms of racing they all suck to indy car,lets go around the track untill the leader blows up and maby we will win YEA! and road course racing pick one trans am, le mans ect. yawn fest even nhra has become mandated. face it the pussifaction of amercia has come to motorsports. :icon_fU:

Nascar thinks if Junior does good then their ratings will go up. Theyve been trying to give him a championship his whole career. Its not going to happen. In the 70s they changed the rules time & time again to prevent Mopars from winning,then a few years ago they did it with the truck series to us. All races are won & lost in the pits,thats not racing to me.

As Someone Who Worked For Mopar Performance In Warren, Michigan For Years In The 70's And 80's...I'm Totally Sick! I Saw This Coming But Did Not Want To Believe It! I Vow Never To Watch Another Nascar Race Unless There Is A Dodge In The Field. I'll Go Watch NHRA Drag Racing F**k Nascar!

Nascar is screwing themselves.. It doesn't surprise me and the way there set up now, id like to see Chevy and Ford leave to.. Its not bring what you have no more, they tell them what they'll have. I still try to watch but not much since they started that one car for all thing, car of "tomorrow" I think it was called.

there is nothing "stock" car left to them anyway. it will never be what it once was where a showroom car was pulled into a shop, a race prepped 426 and a cage thrown in and taken out and ran balls to the wall. the only reason i turned it back on was when Evernham and Dodge got together. My man sterling marlin was out there kicking *** representing the dodge nameplate. brad is the only reason i turn it on now. we have watched every driver in a dodge switch teams, quit or follow the crowd only to fade away. It was only a matter of time before Penske sold out to ford. thats ok , maybe i will actually get some work done outside on sundays next year working on MY charger

RIP

Attachments

• 40.jpg
    40.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 169
  • intr1.jpg
    intr1.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 171
  • bid.jpg
    bid.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 165
  • bid3.jpg
    bid3.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 178
  • bid5.jpg
    bid5.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 177
you gotta love that 70 he had:headbang:

I got interested in Nascar and Mopar at the same time, about 1970. Part of the reason I bought my first new car (71 Plymouth) was because of Nascar. What was that saying, race on Sunday..... Maybe Dodge has been looking at the number of empty seats at the tracks lately and figures its not worth it, but alot of people still watch on TV. I agree, the cars dont look to stock anymore and how do they turn a four door car into a two door. I haven't been to a race in a few years, but I'm going to check out the new track at Bristol in a few weeks.

Yeah, I've never understood the NASCAR thing. Driving around an oval as fast as you can seems really silly when you look at any other kind of racing. F1 is so amazingly insane as far as driving skill... I just see NASCAR as a waste of fuel.

Lets hope they go over to NHRA & Dominate

Sweet! Now they can field more Pro Stock cars!

:headbang: Yep hopefully Dodge/Mopar Performance will put the funds into drivers hands over at, NHRA IHRA ADRA & any other sanctioning body in Drag Racing, where there is still brand loyalty.... :argue:

dodge pulling out

i am sure nascar wont miss me. but i left the last time chry. left and will be gone again if no dodges running next year. i have been brand loyal since the early 60s drag racing when i realized if one wonted something to stay together one used a chry product. and then a little later that was what one needed to win.

Photon440

My thoughts exactly. My kids were looking at my 68 Charger and I was telling them that, although motors and suspension were modified, they ran metal bodied cars like my Charger back in the day not plastic kit cars. I lost interest a long time ago and that was a major reason.

Auto Transport Service
Back