• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anybody in Mass. know this car?

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:23 PM
Reaction score
http://m.ebay.com/itm/121679576665

Thinking of bidding on this, but havent heard back from the seller about my questions about bodywork/metal replacement or pics of the underside. His reserve is $35K.

I love the wicked strong part. It is a wicked pissa that he has to sell it.

Update. Just talked to the guy who has the car. He is a dealer is Mass. who bought the car 3 months ago from a guy in Washington State without a motor. He put a motor and a bellhousing in the car. So if there is anyone from Washington State who knows the car I would appreciate hearing about it.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/121679576665

Thinking of bidding on this, but havent heard back from the seller about my questions about bodywork/metal replacement or pics of the underside. His reserve is $35K.

funny,thats the Same thought i had...for 35k,wheres the pics of the underside??
esp when in the engine pic you can clearly see the car up on a lift......
the top side looks absolutely beautiful....of course...
if its that clean underside,seems like that would be about right market price??

That's a sweet ride. I'd deff need more pictures before I shell out that kind of cash . But if the under side looks half as good as the top I'd buy it for 30-32 ish not much more then that.
if you want it buy it don't think another one will come up any time in the Neer future good luck

I would either make a trip to see it or hire a inspector. That's too much cash to gamble with.

Clean car maybe Richard Cranium ???
He, Might know the seller...

only a little over $30k now

looks like a nice car has a replacement 70 440, say #'s matching 4 speed

Attachments

• 69 Super Bee 440ci 4 speed Dark Bronze metallic from Worcester Mass. E-Bay.jpg
    69 Super Bee 440ci 4 speed Dark Bronze metallic from Worcester Mass. E-Bay.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 129
Worcester is about an hour from my home, although right now, i am in my palatial NH estate.

Car does look clean, but look closely at the door jamb. When I see that they painted over all of the hardware including the black body plug, it makes me question how good of a job they really did.

$_57.JPG

Had the high bid until today. I think it will end up going for more than it is worth imo. It is only a 383 car with a non matching motor, exterior color change, vinyl top color change, small bubbling in the lower quarters, from a picture I have it looks like the drivers side trunk drop was replaced and not welded correctly, owner won't show me detailed pics of the underside, owner also told me he would send me the previous owners phone # - that has been 3 days now.

Have seen other cars from this seller Cars have looked nice but never seen in person We all know its different in person But would bet he does a nice job I am about 30 min away from seller

Car does look clean, but look closely at the door jamb. When I see that they painted over all of the hardware including the black body plug, it makes me question how good of a job they really did.

Yeah, I saw that too. There are a couple of other small things that should have been done better. Comes down to everyone has a different opinion of what "nice" is.

- - - Updated - - -

Have seen other cars from this seller Cars have looked nice but never seen in person We all know its different in person But would bet he does a nice job I am about 30 min away from seller

His feedback score on ebay is stellar, so I would imagine he tries his best to make people happy. Just too many little things that are making me nervous about bidding higher without seeing the car in person. He is just flipping the car so really doesn't know its history.

Careful with the seller as some of his stuff is perfumed up pretty good.

Nice means it's at-least not a rusty POS @ a minimum...LOL

It presents relatively well, I guess it depend on your relatives,
are they like RC...LOL
Here's my thoughts, so I guess to me;
it kind of depends on how much of a purist {**** retentive} you actually want to be ?
do you want a 100pt concourse car ? - than you'll pay dearly & extra $$$$ for that too -
or do you want a car, you can play with, tinker with, clean up or try to resale ? etc.

price point now is basically everything,
is it worth what your attempting or "actually" willing to pay for it ?...
like the saying says;
"there's an *** for every seat", does it fit your ***...LOL

Price is always subjective & relative always too, even by state or regions,
I've seen far worse cars, sell for far more...

good luck

Happy Fathers day

Auto Transport Service
Back