• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone have a list?

How do I tell what mine are?
Do you have a dial caliper? Those will tell you all you need to know about the size.

Not to hi jack this thread but I have a question to the masters about bars. I am retaining the 383 n my coronet and want to put heavier bars on it to be able to lower the front end and still retain support. I was told this is a way to be able to do that, by putting heavier bars in it? Am I correct in my thinking?
Yeah you can do that....you can also install a pair of heavier duty front shocks. You might try the shocks first and if you feel they're not enough, then go with the heavier bars. I lowered my 66 Belvedere and installed much better shocks (the old ones were worn out anyways) and it worked for me.

Do you have a dial caliper? Those will tell you all you need to know about the size.

Yeah you can do that....you can also install a pair of heavier duty front shocks. You might try the shocks first and if you feel they're not enough, then go with the heavier bars. I lowered my 66 Belvedere and installed much better shocks (the old ones were worn out anyways) and it worked for me.
I do.

Thanks Cranky! I have to get replacement bars anyway (mine were sagging bad) and will probably step up to the 1.? PLUS the heavier shocks up front. I have both a 440 and the original 383 to choose between when I step up to building a stroker and want to be able to "adjust" for weight and ride height. Adding an AC unit
after the fact
may alter that plan also . I appreciate the input....

How do I tell what mine are?
I use a set of dial calipers, or you can use micrometers to get an accurate measurement. Compensate for a heavy coating of paint or whatever.
Odd numbered bars go on the left, even numbered bars go on the right. I believe the 667, 666 are the last 3 digits of the part number.

I use a set of dial calipers, or you can use micrometers to get an accurate measurement. Compensate for a heavy coating of paint or whatever.
Odd numbered bars go on the left, even numbered bars go on the right. I believe the 667, 666 are the last 3 digits of the part number.
Being a machinist, I'm pretty accurate with dial calipers so long as they are not those Shinese ones :D

Auto Transport Service
Back