• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone live near Ft. Lee NJ?

No not really Don. I speak my mind on the topics that come up on the forum. I'm sorry you have trouble dealing with that.
OK Steve, I'm sorry you're sorry. Maybe I'll check myself into therapy to deal with my "trouble".

Come on now Don, your taking this way to seriously. But i guess you wont be visiting the NYC/NJ area anytime soon LOL.
You're right, been one of those days. Sorry about lashing out. And no, that area of the country is not in my travel plans. Have a good evening.

That's a beautiful view. The only thing I ever knew about Fort Lee, NJ was Anna Rosanna Danna from the early SNL skits. The guy who wrote her questions was always from Ft. Lee, NJ.

My idea of a nice view of Manhattan,has two tall towers that are no longer standing!
Yup, I used to see them every night. When I saw them burning, it was like a nightmare. I still remember the smell that lingered for days (we were only a mile across the river). Something I will never forget and never forgive !!!

My brother in laws older brother was on the second plane that hit the towers.

My idea of a nice view of Manhattan,has two tall towers that are no longer standing!
I grew up in central Jersey and NYC was the place to be. They were the first two buildings you could see coming up the Turnpike before entering the city. It's left a hole inside not being able to see the two towers standing above the city/world anymore. I like living in the open but enjoyed visiting NYC every chance I got. I will always have a love for NYC.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Im very sorry for your loss. Your post brought back a memory id rather forget but never will. I will make it brief as i told this story years ok. I worked for the SI ferry, we had a pickup and took the boat that mourning on our way to the Brooklyn Navy yard to work on a boat in dry dock. We knew a plane hit the tower but did not realize how big or great the damage. When we existed the ferry on the NYC side, i heard a roaring noise, i looked up and it was that plane your bro in laws brother was on, flying extremely low. A second later it hit the second tower with a huge noise. Then all hell broke loose. It make me sick and sad all these years later, right at this very minute to now learn your brother in laws family member was on that plane....God bless him and America

I grew up in central Jersey and NYC was the place to be. That was the first two buildings you could see coming up the Turnpike before entering the city. It's left a hole inside not being able to see the two towers standing above the city/world anymore. I like living in the open but enjoyed visiting NYC every chance I got. I will always have a love for NYC.
View attachment 618271

I like that picture. Here is a 12,000 piece puzzle I put together a few years back.
112inches x 54inches.

IMG_0345 (Large).JPG

Im very sorry for your loss. Your post brought back a memory id rather forget but never will. I will make it brief as i told this story years ok. I worked for the SI ferry, we had a pickup and took the boat that mourning on our way to the Brooklyn Navy yard to work on a boat in dry dock. We knew a plane hit the tower but did not realize how big or great the damage. When we existed the ferry on the NYC side, i heard a roaring noise, i looked up and it was that plane your bro in laws brother was on, flying extremely low. A second later it hit the second tower with a huge noise. Then all hell broke loose. It make me sick and sad all these years later, right at this very minute to now learn your brother in laws family member was on that plane....God bless him and America

Thanks Steve. I remember watching it on the news,and they were showing the first plane strike,and then the second plane hit,then we all knew that this was no accident! Then to find out that he was on that plane,man that really was hard to take! My brother in law has to relive his brothers death,everytime they show the footage . The hardest thing to watch,was his family trying to morn his loss with no body at the funeral. He left a wife and two teenage kids.

I know its still hard for some people to bring up memories of that day but its also good to talk about and ones feeling, it not only good for you its healing.
I would like to share a story of someone I met only a couple of months ago since we moved to NC.
Looking for a truck to purchase and came across this one
20180319_175304_resized.jpg

While we were sitting there talking cars, one conversation lead to another and the onwer opened up about how his life was changed forever on 9/11.
Long story short, he purchased plane tickets for his wife and son and sent them on vacation. Those tickets were on the second plane that hit the towers. He was finishing up a job and was going to surprise them by showing up a few days later. He heard what was going on and called his wife, no answer, called the air line and confirmed the air line involved with his wife and son's tickets. He later found out he also lost a cousin and uncle, first responders for the city of NY.
He talked for a while about how his life went so far into the gutter his doctor told him stop or he was not going to be around. He was able to get the help he needed to get sober and is now running a successful construction company for himself.
This has nothing to do with this thread but it started going a bit this way and wanted to share his story.

Last edited:
These people who are flipping out because they want open borders have very short memories about what happened to our country on that day. I will never forget!

Auto Transport Service
Back