• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does the forum know the average age of the members here?

thats why we need to get the mopars out there and get the kids interested in them.

good luck with that
most kids want nothing to do with the old car hobby
most are interested in the newest phone that came out
except for a select few.

I'm probably right at the average age at 56

didnt say it was gonna be easy,
esp considering that todays cars are Faster and handle better and stop better than our old musclecars.
literally,the Coolness factor is all we have going for our cars.
bodystyle,brute power,and the fact that you dont see them everyday on the road.

and,if you think finding mopar stuff is hard,try restoring/fixng up amc-esp javelins or amx-s.
for example,a grill thats only in need of some slight work" is over a grand.
rollseyes.

the Hobby as some call it,is a living for those who scalp cars and sell parts,
and i see a lot of that nowadaze,esp in the amc community...
this too doesnt help anyone But the seller,
as he ruins one car to make profits and moves to the next.

and,there is a point in time coming where the demand for cars will fall off,
and thats when most of our musclecars will fall in pricing drastically.
personally,i think its already started.
ive seen mopars and big block chevy musclecars and so forth going for cheaper than they have been in years.

good luck with that
most kids want nothing to do with the old car hobby
most are interested in the newest phone that came out
except for a select few.

I'm probably right at the average age at 56

Not entirely true, My son is 14 and loves old Mopars (probably cause I beat it into his head since he was a baby) Only takes a bit of nudging to get him off PlayStation and on many occasions helps me work on the car, clean the car, or get it ready for an upcoming event. He goes to every show with me and we continue to have the conversation about getting him a car. He really wants a a 67-69 dart so as long as he stays doing good in school, I'll probably help him out with that....(Luckily A bodies are cheaper then B's so good for me) and in the end gives me a chance to spend time with him, doing something we both love for many years to come...

I said MOST kids not ALL.
MOST will walk right past not even giving it a second glance.
only a select FEW will pay attention and show interest.
that is my experience, so how is it not true?
my brother has 3 girls and it kills him he can't get any one of them into it.
I laugh when he tries and tell him not to bother
hell the girls who want nothing to do with it
even know more about it then the boyfriends (who would probably struggle to change a tire) they bring around..lol
consider yourself lucky for getting your kid into it..

I also have two more girls that also go to every car show with me but outside of the pool at the hotel and maybe going to the ocean city shows could care less about anything cars.

Also you have to remember this is a very expensive hobby and most kids don't have the means to fund it or the knowledge to maintain them.

Six inches.
My Mom said it is a good size for a man my age.
This is just so wrong on so many levels KD but I am sure the booze was talking and not your inner self :)

Sicky 8

My guess for the average age of the General Forums is 57

...and for the Political Forum....about 12. :p
Maybe 13....

8 before seven.
Dayam!

Crypto might have been a good forum name for you @HALIFAXHOPS lol. So is that 87? If so your our right Gaussian curve point so far lol!
Now sure what you............mean!

70 here.....but I keep building cars to keep myself young....in the shop everyday!!!
I'm doing the same but the cars ain't mine :(

at 54...... it's the only place I can go and be younger than most......... the hotrod era is on the way out
Eh, don't think the hot era is on the way out with the factories still building cars 3 times the HP ours had back in the 60's

71 and still crawling under cars to work on them.
Me too but doing it much slower and taking more breaks.

Another Full House... :lol: I wish I had a dollar for every one of these I've had...
upload_2019-6-22_12-1-47.png

@Moparfeind .....for the benefit of the thread survey calculation...I am 54. :)

Auto Transport Service
Back