• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does this look weird to you?

All depends what you like. When I built mine it was going to use 10.5Wx31 slicks. I wanted to make the tire look like it was in a stock wheel well. Not jammed to the front and rear edge. As these cars have a larger gap at the rear of the tire than the front. So in my case the front of the wheel well was moved forward 4". The axle was moved forward 3". To be honest I'd like to move them back 1/2"-1". The current wheelbase is 113"
Doug

new wheels.jpg

64.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my car after I moved the axle fwd 1" from 120" to 119" stock. My S/S friend mentioned how long and shitty these Dodges are compared to the Plymouth.
I would go a bit more yet. This is a 28X10.50 tire
20240411_174704.jpg

to me it looks a tiny bit too far back like 1/2" BUT... i don't think anyone will notice or care.... I'm more wondering if those shackles will bang the frame at those angles though... My shackles angle a tiny bit forward even with the axle moved back 1.75".. i think espo made the rear section too short..

to me it looks a tiny bit too far back like 1/2" BUT... i don't think anyone will notice or care.... I'm more wondering if those shackles will bang the frame at those angles though... My shackles angle a tiny bit forward even with the axle moved back 1.75".. i think espo made the rear section too short..
Here is a better picture of the shackle angle, this is with load on the springs.

20240204_155413.jpg

The rear spring eyes are actually pretty close to the frame, hopefully they will not hit the frame

Naw.. will be fine.. could also get 1" longer shackles if you need to.. my shackles are barely vertical.. i just got something new to stress bout :)

So in my case the front of the wheel well was moved forward 4". The axle was moved forward 3".
AWB altered wheelbase car,,,no wonder that thing hangs the front wheels !

Just finished mini tubbing and relocate the springs on my 64 belvedere.
Moved the axle back about 1/2 inch, but I kind of think it looks odd, or is my brain just messing with me.
Tires are 29x15r15

View attachment 1644656

View attachment 1644657

View attachment 1644658

They look a touch far back but keep in mind that those 29” SR’s are actually at best 28-1/4” in height.
If you were to bolt on a slick measuring 30.5” you’d need that room.

29.5 X 11.5W. 30.5” height. 1.250” space in the photo. Should have min 1” for tire growth.
IMG_0672.jpeg

my car rolled in with 33x14-15 firestone's, Yeah the wheel lips r trimmed ! and today with pro trac S375's. have to run tread around here with the foggy wet weather on the coast.

20151007_170904.jpg

20151007_165612 (3).jpg

043.JPG

Spend some time tonight and centered, setting pinion angle.
Ended up welding the center holes in the perches, and redrilled them so the axle got straight under the car. The front segment of the passenger side ss spring is ½" longer than the driver side.
Now I have about 1 ½" clearance to the front fender lip.

20240413_184523.jpg

Spend some time tonight and centered, setting pinion angle.
Ended up welding the center holes in the perches, and redrilled them so the axle got straight under the car. The front segment of the passenger side ss spring is ½" longer than the driver side.
Now I have about 1 ½" clearance to the front fender lip.

View attachment 1646033
That looks good.

Auto Transport Service
Back