• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOGS

Just tell them you’re a wiener dog and you will get anything you want. For real.
A7BB1FEB-D391-47B5-B3A8-FB91B4F10183.png

My daughter is coming down from Denver to give my Newfoundlands some vaccinations. She needed their weight so I took them to Pet Smart. Diesel weighs 140. His momma, Little Bear was 160. LB is getting older so I have to lift her into the car now. Yes, it happens two legs at a time.

Because they are so big, Newfs do some things differently. For instance, they don't jump onto my bed. They climb on as you would imagine a bear climbing onto a picnic table. Going up the stairs they have to zig-zag because their bodies are too long for the stair spacing. Going down they take them 3 or 4 at a time. My daughter says it sounds like a bowling ball falling down the steps. They barely fit in the back of the cross-over with the rear seats folded down. When the windows are down and they have their heads out they never fail to get a reaction either at stoplights or parking lots. I let everyone pet them. That breed is nicknamed Gentle Giants. They LOVE the snow and would rather sleep in the garage when it's cold than inside the house. The shedding is above anything you could imagine. They eat a lot! They are not good with other dogs. It starts well but other dogs freak out at their size and start fights. They are working water dogs but you can look that whole thing up yourself.

123.jpg

My daughter is coming down from Denver to give my Newfoundlands some vaccinations. She needed their weight so I took them to Pet Smart. Diesel weighs 140. His momma, Little Bear was 160. LB is getting older so I have to lift her into the car now. Yes, it happens two legs at a time.

Because they are so big, Newfs do some things differently. For instance, they don't jump onto my bed. They climb on as you would imagine a bear climbing onto a picnic table. Going up the stairs they have to zig-zag because their bodies are too long for the stair spacing. Going down they take them 3 or 4 at a time. My daughter says it sounds like a bowling ball falling down the steps. They barely fit in the back of the cross-over with the rear seats folded down. When the windows are down and they have their heads out they never fail to get a reaction either at stoplights or parking lots. I let everyone pet them. That breed is nicknamed Gentle Giants. They LOVE the snow and would rather sleep in the garage when it's cold than inside the house. The shedding is above anything you could imagine. They eat a lot! They are not good with other dogs. It starts well but other dogs freak out at their size and start fights. They are working water dogs but you can look that whole thing up yourself.

View attachment 1247685
I've always admired their looks (in pictures) but didn't know they were that big.

I have always wanted a Newf. My barber had one years ago and I used to love fooling with him.. Gentle Giant does not say enough about these giant teddy bears.. I have gone to local dog shows throughout my life as its a great way to see all of the different breeds... Most of the people love to show off their dogs and I have always had good luck with the owners allowing me to pet them, as long as its not right before they show....
I always visit with the Newfs, but they do the Turner and Hooch DROOL.... I had friends with Mastiffs who would shake their heads and the drool would fling and stick on the walls and ceilings..LOL..

Last edited:
Some Newfs are more drooly than others. Our dogs aren't too bad unless you're eating in front of them, then the drool goes all the way to the floor. Their mouth is designed to let the water out while they're swimming. All the factors are complicated so you can watch this video. If you can find a female Newfoundland dog, our male Diesel is a stud dog. I'll loan him out for free.

Last edited:
I patronized a bank because they gave dog treats. My dogs were always happy to go to the bank. One day, a teller uses a treat to tap on the window. My dog saw her and here comes the drool.
Dog Drool, next to Nose Smear, the toughest substance to remove from auto glass.

I patronized a bank because they gave dog treats. My dogs were always happy to go to the bank. One day, a teller uses a treat to tap on the window. My dog saw her and here comes the drool.
Dog Drool, next to Nose Smear, the toughest substance to remove from auto glass.

I got Bentley when he was a 4 year old... He was a return to the breeders... He is now 13 and its still fun to see the "childhood" moments come out.
First time I went thru the bank drive thru with him, he watched the container ALL the way in the clear tube as it came out of the building to my car. It was obvious that he had been to the drive thru before I got him... LOL.... He knew there might be a treat in there...Funny to see how bright they are.....

The time I was handing my father a cone ( tasty freez drive thru) and Bentley came out nowhere from the backseat over the console and it was GONE.... Lol... The girl at the window summed it up well... " I guess you'll be needing another"..... Seems as if Bentley was used to getting a cone in his past life before I got him....
DSCF0484.JPG

Last edited:
Hooch was not a mastiff.. He was some oddball breed ... Neopolitan something..

mastiffs come in several flavors....... neopolitan mastiff is one of them...... Rebel is an Italian mastiff aka cane corso

Yes, I stop at McD's, and the dogs can finish a cone in one bite. As I'm typing this the male Diesel is actually moving the bed I'm sitting on because he thinks it's too close to the closet doors. He laid down then with his legs and back scooted the bed over.

Newfoundlands have an instinct to pull people from the water.

Lewis and Clark took Newfoundland with them on the Corp of Discovery Expedition.

lewis.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back