• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOGS

9E024BEB-91FD-4112-9920-6B13F6DC725A.png
39B3D9B2-A262-47DC-8060-D4CC0F168FE1.png

Pool day swimming lessons

Penny knows how to get comfortable on the couch. We spend a lot of time looking for our shoes!
Our border Collie Sadie is getting some arthritis shots in her hips. Seems to be helping! She has been a fetching machine since she was a few months old now 12.

20220622_124524.jpg

20220705_185326.jpg

Last edited:
Well, sadly it looks like my big black shepherd KC is not going to make it. He has had something internally that x-rays and ultrasounds and every test in the book cannot discover what is ailing him. He hasnt been able to keep food down for over a week. At first they didnt want him to eat for 24 hours. Then it might be pancreatitis, nope xrays and ultrasound ruled that out. Meanwhile he still wont eat anything. The vet wants to do exploratory surgery tomorrow because they saw something "funny" in his stomach. He just keeps getting weaker. He is 13, and I am afraid that he will not recover or that the find something and just euthanise him on the table.

He was the greatest dog.

Well, sadly it looks like my big black shepherd KC is not going to make it. He has had something internally that x-rays and ultrasounds and every test in the book cannot discover what is ailing him. He hasnt been able to keep food down for over a week. At first they didnt want him to eat for 24 hours. Then it might be pancreatitis, nope xrays and ultrasound ruled that out. Meanwhile he still wont eat anything. The vet wants to do exploratory surgery tomorrow because they saw something "funny" in his stomach. He just keeps getting weaker. He is 13, and I am afraid that he will not recover or that the find something and just euthanise him on the table.

He was the greatest dog.
Hopefully, they find something some kind of blockage
I watch a few of them animal/Vet shows (like Dr. Jeff on dicovery),
when nothing is on
Seems a lot of stuff doesn't show up on x-ray or it's really faint,
if its not biological or of solid materials
seems like the cause of vomiting & many of the dogs/animals
not eating is 1/2 the time or more
from the dog eating/swallowing something, they can't digest

bones, string, toy, ball, sock or part of a stuffed animal (cotton stuffing),
who knows

Get better KC, we're pulling for ya :praying:

Last edited:

He was the greatest dog.
Hope he pulls through, he sounds like a great dog.

Hope he pulls through, he sounds like a great dog.
At what point does an owner decide that it is better to put their beloved pet to a permanent sleep. We put our Tyson to sleep in Tucson, his hart and mind were willing, but the body wasn’t. It was a long 1800 miles home in our class B camper van without him. I think we were not fair to let him suffer that long. We should have let him go to eternal rest before we left. Our fault.

It's a tough decision to make. Our 4 legged buddies can't tell us what's hurting them.

We just had to put down our Bella a couple months ago. 100+ lb Leonberger. Had her since she was 4 months old. She made it to 10 years which is a long life for a big dog. Bella got bone cancer and started to limp a lot. Vet told us the procedure would be to amputate her front paw and chemo but advised against it. Her being so old she might not make it and the trauma would be bad. They supplied us with painkillers and such to keep her comfortable. It got to a point where I was sleeping on the couch with her because she was having difficulty going up and down stairs. After a few months her hind legs were giving out. She could barely walk, whined in pain constantly and had trouble going out to the bathroom. That's when we had to make that decision. Just couldn't see such a good majestic dog suffer like that. RIP Bella.

P.S. That last pic is me trying to weigh her on our bathroom scale. Once she got over 90 lbs I gave up.

282309_3827590410378_1475882081_n.jpg
bella and liam.jpg
me and bella.jpg

@Timmayy my deepest condolences for the loss of Bella

RIP Bella, all dogs go to heaven,
whether you believe in that sort of thing or not

Dog go to heaven they'll still talk about you.jpg

Well, we took a chance with the surgery. No other option except to put him down. Turns out he had a piece of clothesline with a knot in it from hie esophagus to his bowel !! There was quite an "amazing" amount of grass packed in it !! NO CANCER !! They had to open him in 2 places to get it all out. Now he can heal !!!

Thanks for all the good wishes and prayers !!!

I'm getting nervous about Titan, he's almost 13 we think, he was a sketchy rescue, he's loosing his mind, almost dementia. He also has trouble hearing and his one eye has has alot of procedures. Oldman Titans time is winding down. Poor buddy.
Side note, if anyone comes to get my wife's French bulldog, I'll give you 100$, I'll just say she ran away. Can't get a pic, damn thing won't hold still for 2 seconds . Stupid Ratdog
20220708_142914.jpg

Well, we took a chance with the surgery. No other option except to put him down. Turns out he had a piece of clothesline with a knot in it from hie esophagus to his bowel !! There was quite an "amazing" amount of grass packed in it !! NO CANCER !! They had to open him in 2 places to get it all out. Now he can heal !!!

Thanks for all the good wishes and prayers !!!
Glad they found something, even if it was bad (probably expensive too)
at least he can start healing now

All that grass was probably because he didn't feel well
& was eating a lot of it, trying to induce puke/vomiting
that's a natural instinct

get well soon KC, here's :drinks: to a full & a speedy recovery
dogs are amazing animals in many ways

Auto Transport Service
Back