• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don selleck's 68 charger rt project

ya your right I'll probably never own another one of those I could never afford one 10 years ago so I had to build it, certainly wont be able to afford one in the future but oh well it was fun while I had it another great life experience completed. on to the next.

ya your right I'll probably never own another one of those I could never afford one 10 years ago so I had to build it, certainly wont be able to afford one in the future but oh well it was fun while I had it another great life experience completed. on to the next.

It depends on how deep you want to go into one. I bought this one for $500.00 from a friend, but I had sold it to him a couple years ago for the same price. He was going to build it, but decided to downsize his house and sold it,so he needed the car gone. I had already purchased all the AMD parts to fix the body and had planned to build a Daytona clone out of it. They are out there if you look hard enough.
20200809_103403.jpg

its all the small stuff that kills ya, 1000 here 200 there, it goes on and on for a while and once you start theres no going back. bought a nice refubished woodgrain steering wheel for 500 back then, doubt if you can get another one for under a grand, even a tuff wheel is pricey, then getting things shipped in todays world, it could get real pricey, I bet it would cost 25% more to do it again, but if i did it would be more of a driver, at least i would try to do that:lol:

I have no doubt that you are correct, the only reason I can take on a basket case like this is that I have a loft full of parts for them, plus as I said before, I already have the new AMD sheetmetal for the car, so buying it back was a no brainer for me! I have been known to have no brain for taking on projects like this!

ya I do have quite of lot of 68 parts also, I would buy stuff that was a good deal that wasn't quite up to par for that car, and shelf them, but a driver if i could just put it on there and go, if I ran across a mostly complete car that had good frame rails I would probably snatch it up, but its running across one might be the issue, I'll give you a chance to double your money on that one :D

I probably would cut it loose, but I already have all the tin. It's a 70 Charger. I will slap it together after retire in a couple years.

Auto Transport Service
Back