• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

downside of a 26" radiator on a 22 support?

G did you get it in for a test drive?

Nope not yet. It was 88 ish degrees on the way home from work yesterday. Car was running 210 deg. Hot as its ever run. That clutch better be the ticket or clutch and fan will be in the For Sale section soon. LOL
The only studs I could find are too long so they will need to be cut down. hopefully during lunch break today.

Cooler today and this weekend. Sounds like late next weekend back in the oven, forecasting 99 here for next Fri. But that's a long ways out.

Our county fair is next week. Always has to be hot during fair week. Kids will have a couple head of cattle and sheep there to take care of. Be a long week.

Yeah, we had planned on camping next weekend too. Better pack my cool clothes!

Hope your RV has A/C Eddie.

eddie.jpg

I have decided to drill out the threads on the radiator support and weld a stud in the bracket to pull it in tighter to the support. Hope to get that done this weekend. I'll post the pictures Mon.

Got the fan/clutch pulled off last night. Went to screw the old clutch studs into the new fan clutch. Threads are metric on the Jag clutch...who woulda thunk?!?! I'm a dumbass, never thought to grab some metric hardware while I was in town.

Good to know. I think the Hayden came with hardware. But I will pick up some 8mm's

The tapped holes in the fan clutch are 5/16-18 not metric.

Welcome to Jaguar.. The only car line you need 3 different sized wrenches to work on.. Metric, AS, and BS..

Hey Now... The Electric fans on my Jaguar work, um, um, um, well they work now that I replaced them with SPAL fans!!

So got the brackets finished up. I decided to drill out the threaded blocks on the drivers side so I could weld studs in the brackets to keep everything pulled in tight & flush. I drilled the threaded holes out to .257 (F drill bit) so if I wanted to tap the hole I could do so at 5/16. A flange nut makes a good tool for holding bolts square while welding.
IMG_20160717_122137.jpg
IMG_20160717_123254.jpg

I had to clearance the top a little to make sure it wouldn't rub on the tank.
IMG_20160701_150320.jpg
so here's before, and after.
IMG_20160717_124111.jpg

IMG_20160717_124214-1.jpg

The passenger side bolt heads clear so I just used the stock threaded holes for the bracket.
IMG_20160717_123208.jpg

Drivers side with nuts on the studs,
IMG_20160717_124127.jpg

Clearance for top tank at front.
IMG_20160717_124609.jpg
Final clearance at fan clutch was right at 11/16 or about .810, just right.
IMG_20160717_134932.jpg
Threw the condenser on just to see how it looked. I'll have to work the brackets a little but overall OK. So this is it all done. Any questions?

That really cleaned up the install. Are you gonna paint the brackets body color?
What did you use to mount the fan clutch to water pump? Bolts or studs.
Installed mine this weekend. Couldn't use bolts, had to use studs. It was a PITA.

G, I will paint the brackets black as I plan on painting the top & bottom tanks & brackets on the radiator black also. They should blend in good. Haven't bolted up the clutch fan yet. I did look at that though and it looks like a pain!

Did it cool better?

Drove it to work today. Seems like normal this morning, this afternoon will be the test. Supposed to be 86.

The studs I used were a hair over 3/4" long. Had to set the clutch on the studs with just a few threads showing, start each nut just a few turns. Then tighten each nut little by little to draw up the clutch to the w/p pulley. Not much room to work with. Be a lot better if I had the hands of an 8 year old.

I have used set screws before as studs, they work good.

Auto Transport Service
Back