• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dragging our cars?

There are stories I've heard about the mid 60s when Hertz was renting Shelbies, were people would rent them and then take it to the track and race it. I wonder if any of those stories were true, I am going to guess yes.
I've also heard stories that guys would rent them and swap the engine before returning them. Now that would take some ballz.

I went to a mud bog race one time and a guy showed up in a brand new, bright yellow Chevy truck. The announcer made a point that it had less than one mile on it. When the guy left the line, the tailgate dropped open. By the time he crossed the line, he was dragging it by one chain. Chevy power!

There are stories I've heard about the mid 60s when Hertz was renting Shelbies, were people would rent them and then take it to the track and race it. I wonder if any of those stories were true, I am going to guess yes.
Also people revomoing and replacing the enging!

Auto Transport Service
Back