• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dragway42 Shooting

From my Canadian perspective; Who the Hell takes a gun to a dragstrip? Up here, a "shoot-out" at a strip involves two cars racing side by side, not guns.
Guns aren’t violent. People are.

Those people looked stupid never seen **** like that back in the sixties and early 70s while at that track or even at any track back then. Maybe that type of event and crowd wonder if that new track owner will change holding any other types of events

Last time I went out to the Houston/Baytown track, there was a sign with the no firearms symbol but no one pays any attention to that including me. Same thing with the 'no alcohol' sign. Rather be able to defend myself and be alive in jail than be dead.....
Exactly do you think the criminals will pay attention to those signs??? We both KNOW that answer..

I am a gun owner myself. But JMHO if I feel I need to carry one to my local race track its time to find a new track.
I have a carry permit and do use it at times. I just do not want to feel like I need to carry 24/7 and here in Iowa I live in a pretty low key area.
Ever gets that bad here, Im moving to the center of North Dakota.

I always wanted to live in n.or s.dakota Wyoming or Montana no fn neighbors

We had a murder (shooting) in the stands at my local track almost twenty years ago. I dont know how the court case came out. We had a bunch of silly regulations implemented as a result, but they didnt last long.
I remember a christmas show at the same track, where spectator admission required a wanding for weapons and removal of hats. There had been rumors of gang trouble. But, the racers/showcars weren't searched. There could have been a hundred ak47s, a bazooka or two, and a suitcase nuclear weapon in the trunks or race car trailers.
Needless to say, the stupidity was pointed out to management.

I agree I’d rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6 . You would never know who carries if your around me unless I said so. I don’t want to ever use it but I will if it’s necessary.

I def agree, and see your point well....since the dragstrip has never been anything but a kind place for me. Win or lose, still never any anger. However, I'll bet there are quite a few guns there every week.... :(
Bet the farm on it.

I am a gun owner myself. But JMHO if I feel I need to carry one to my local race track its time to find a new track.
I have a carry permit and do use it at times. I just do not want to feel like I need to carry 24/7 and here in Iowa I live in a pretty low key area.
Ever gets that bad here, Im moving to the center of North Dakota.
Watching live feeds of the storms in that state tonight, hope you guys are ok!!

I always wanted to live in n.or s.dakota Wyoming or Montana no fn neighbors
We got neighbors out here (at least, if you consider a quarter mile away or more "neighbors") - and most of us are
rather active in a common hobby - target shooting. :)
It literally sounds like a range out this holler some afternoons - anything from 22LR to Barrett. Not kidding.

1-2 miles is to close was looking for area with hardly any just like silent to do what I like

Watching live feeds of the storms in that state tonight, hope you guys are ok!!
Thanks Ed, all good here. Little bit east of me had some storms, we did.get some needed rain.

I am very much Pro Gun I can my CC but rarely carry, its a PITA. I look at it this way However, depending on the track I would. Milan, Union Grove, Chicago, Indy even Columbus. We are usually running Nostalgia or Mopar only races which most everybody are too old to get out of hand... LOL
I don't think it's so much the track it self as it is getting to and from you have to watch.

From my Canadian perspective; Who the Hell takes a gun to a dragstrip? Up here, a "shoot-out" at a strip involves two cars racing side by side, not guns.
The problem for me may not be at the Drag Strip, it's getting to it and back home again, and I am not going to leave it in the glove box.

I am very much Pro Gun I can my CC but rarely carry, its a PITA. I look at it this way However, depending on the track I would. Milan, Union Grove, Chicago, Indy even Columbus. We are usually running Nostalgia or Mopar only races which most everybody are too old to get out of hand... LOL
I don't think it's so much the track it self as it is getting to and from you have to watch.
A smaller piece in the pocket trumps a larger piece in the safe.

Those people looked stupid never seen **** like that back in the sixties and early 70s while at that track or even at any track back then. Maybe that type of event and crowd wonder if that new track owner will change holding any other types of events
Yes at York US 30 Thomasville, I felt safe...but back on the city streets it sometimes was a different story.

Auto Transport Service
Back