• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drier location 73 u code charger

73Rallye440

Local time
9:37 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know where the correct location is for the AC drier? I have seen it mounted to the right front inner fender beside the charcoal canister. Also seen it bolted to the right side of the condenser. My car is early 73 and appears to have two holes in the inner fender. It’s missing a lot of parts and I’m trying to sort out what’s correct for my car. Also any thoughts on the update kits from Original Air? Thanks

Both my 74 Rallye U code and my 73 SE 400 Charger are mounted to the condenser. I plan on using the Original Air firewall forward kit on both my 71 and 74 since all the original stuff is MIA or beyond repair.

I’m in the same situation, the only thing left on my car that is salvageable is the evaporator. My car was produced in September of 72 so maybe that’s why it looks like the drier was mounted to the inner fender. The reason I’m researching this is because you need the bracket and pressure switch off the drier to use on the Original air system as they don’t supply those two items

Some pics of my 73 Charger. It was a October build unrestored original paint car. Hope it helps. Sold it awhile back so no more pics available.

IMG_0693.JPG
IMG_0694.JPG
IMG_0696.JPG
IMG_0697.JPG

Thank you for the pictures, I was able to find a drier bracket from a satellite with a 400. I’m just trying to make certain it will all work.

Pic of the original dryer with brackets on my 74 U code.

IMG_1200.JPG

That’s the same drier bracket I was able to get from a 74 satellite. That’s great thank you very much for your help, it’s greatly appreciated. A lot of items on my car a missing or damaged, the only saving grace is there is not rust. It was built in St. Louis and shipped to California, then to Virginia. So not so much road salt.

Auto Transport Service
Back