• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drinking more because of high fuel prices?

BACD1949-0F90-44B2-9466-F48E0EC1A9D8.gif

I’m drinking and eating too much.

How is this in any way, shape, or form a Mopar General Tech Question? This could almost be Political, but what do I know about posting in the correct forum!!

"Drinking more because of high fuel prices?"​

Funny topic. :thumbsup:

I rarely drink. I'm obnoxious enough the way that I am.
I don't use drugs either....except for caffeine and prescribed medication when the need arises.
Someone famous said that he felt sorry for people that don't drink....because when they wake up, that is the best that they are going to feel all day.
I enjoy being drunk but I just don't do it that often. I'm impatient though. When I drink, I want to be drunk immediately. This leads to drinking PAST the point of getting a good buzz and into the I made a terrible mistake situation. Not good.
Here is something to chew on....
These gas prices are terrible but it has not changed my behavior one bit. I drive fast. I drive V8 cars and trucks. I'm rebuilding a 495 cubic inch engine for my Charger. I buy what I want and need to buy. I don't like paying more but **** it....being from California, I'm used to paying too much anyway.
I'm sure that if public consumption dropped off a cliff, the prices would fall.
So far, I can't bring myself to drive a tiny car or to stop living my life. I will never commit to an electric lifestyle while gas is still available.

I wish I could drink again, I really love to have a tumbler of good bourbon or whiskey with a good smoke. But I had to quit with the medication I take for my cancer treatment a couple of years ago. The doctor said something about possible fatal consequences or some **** like that. So I tried one of those eatable thc chocolates one night. Damn I will never do that again, couldn't walk till noon the next day.

Yeah, that's what most 'brokers' and money 'advisers' say. But, might not be a bad time to start buying a little? After all, we're in a bear market right now. I've always done my own investing and decisions and always did better than the ones that had someone else (professionals?) 'manage' their funds. I look at it as who would I let drive my cars? Nobody so why would I let someone 'drive' my money. Yup, it takes time and work but the one thing I didn't consider was a divorce. I now tell everyone I know to not discount that happening because you just never know what the 'better' half is thinking.

Oh man, I remember those years. I retired in 06 and made 100k in the stock market in a years time after that and then bam....hello. Things went to hell in a hand basket. Around that same time I learned how to trade options because of the crap crashing and it was mainly covered calls on the stuff I already owned that was down. It turned out to be pretty good. It kept my account half way reasonable.
I hear ya. An old work friend of mine took his money out of the market when he retired after the last crash. He’s a smart nit-picky sort and started ‘driving’ his money. He had a pretty nice routine he showed me and sure paid off well, tripling his fund in about two years..

Geez....about all I can afford to do now is go to doctor appointments, grocery store, and the liquor store. I cut my drinking way down from what I used to drink but seems it's slowly climbing again :( Anyways, did go to a company retiree's meeting today and caught up on my dues. Supposed to be up to date to go to any of the 4 quarterly BBQ dinners they have and haven't been to a meeting since the Covid crap started but now I'm venturing out more. They also canceled meetings and the dinners during Covid. There were a lot of people there today and a lot more than I've even seen in previous meetings but so far the count is still low for the BBQ this Saturday. Tomorrow is the final day to get on the role for it.....and the BBQ is always dang good. But geez, it costs me 10 bucks in gas just to go there! Had to go to my CPA too and he's just down the road from there so got two birds with one stone.
It's a good thing I stocked up over the last couple years. I have enough spirits to last me 2 lifetimes. Ya, I still buy select bottles. I like the "nice for the price" $20-$30 finds and the more expensive stuff is barrel picks, or store picks, that I can sample before buying. I told my wife, I don't have a drinking problem, I have a collecting problem. I am at 214 bottles and still climbing. So many bottles, so little time! Cheers

5.26.22.jpg

5.26.22b.jpg

5.26.22c.jpg

5.26.22d.jpg

5.26.22e.jpg

5.26.22f.jpg

5.26.22g.jpg

Thanks to my cardiologist (well....my heart, really...but it's easier to blame the doc!) I am no longer allowed to drink caffeine or alcohol.

These days, that's a good thing. I know me. I know I'd spiral down in a hurry with all the lockdown **** from the last couple years, and the inflation/depression these days.

Instead, I'm going the other way. Hard. Rowing machine every morning (1000M before shower and work). Mountain bike every evening (6 miles in 25 minutes). Trying to get IN shape, instead of simply being "a" shape (round).

I do miss my single malt though....

In college I was a founding member of our Screen Door Club. As in, "my liver looks like a..."

How is this in any way, shape, or form a Mopar General Tech Question? This could almost be Political, but what do I know about posting in the correct forum!!
I tried a tribute for the fallen soldiers on D Day, 6JUNE1944. It was deleted because I was told it was political. I never said anything about politics. I just acknowledged their sacrifice.

Geez....about all I can afford to do now is go to doctor appointments, grocery store, and the liquor store.

Tomorrow is the final day to get on the role for it.....and the BBQ is always dang good. But geez, it costs me 10 bucks in gas just to go there!

10 bucks in gas is about a 12-15 mile round trip.

Sounds common to end up with medical conditions that restrict alcohol. Getting older sucks!
I ended up on blood thinners after a medical emergency in late 2020. My meds say “restrict alcohol consumption, daily drinking is risky”. I asked the doctor about it, and he said “a couple drinks a week are ok”. I looked online and found nothing that clarified the restrictions.
So I decided I can have a few beers every other day. That isn’t daily drinking.
So far I haven’t died yet.
I keep thinking I’m going to cut back going to car events due to gas prices, but so far really haven’t.
It‘s tough though, if I ever get the trailer I’m buying from an estate, I want to tow a car to Moparty in September. By then I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it will cost $1 a mile towing a 26’ enclosed behind my 6.4 Ram. That’s going to be over $800 just for the round trip. Add the jacked up hotel rates in Bowling Green and it’s getting to be an expensive weekend.
Then might find attendance way down this year due to others not wanting to pay for gas, add some rain and could add up to an expensive bust?

I never needed an excuse to drink more,but what the hell, high fuel prices works for me!

What ever excuse you wanna use Cranky is fine with us.... we don't judge here! :drinks::lol::canada:
Maybe he's hungover and not paying attention to where he's posting? I see it's fixed.

82868866_1066577387025483_193686897447403520_n.jpg

15697381_1328097840546621_9026465218870092150_n.jpg

Have no idea how it got in the tech section.....was on my first beer when I started the post.

I wish I could drink again, I really love to have a tumbler of good bourbon or whiskey with a good smoke. But I had to quit with the medication I take for my cancer treatment a couple of years ago. The doctor said something about possible fatal consequences or some **** like that. So I tried one of those eatable thc chocolates one night. Damn I will never do that again, couldn't walk till noon the next day.
Made some of those mini blueberry muffins with some pot that my brother in law had. Those mini muffins are pretty small and ate two and after about 30 minutes, had a 3rd one and well, closed up the shop, went into the house and planted my butt in my easy chair and stayed there for a pretty good while. That was over 2 years ago.....I'll stick to beer and bourbon thank you.

It's a good thing I stocked up over the last couple years. I have enough spirits to last me 2 lifetimes. Ya, I still buy select bottles. I like the "nice for the price" $20-$30 finds and the more expensive stuff is barrel picks, or store picks, that I can sample before buying. I told my wife, I don't have a drinking problem, I have a collecting problem. I am at 214 bottles and still climbing. So many bottles, so little time! Cheers

View attachment 1299737

View attachment 1299738

View attachment 1299739

View attachment 1299740

View attachment 1299741

View attachment 1299742

View attachment 1299743
Maybe you should get a store..... lol

Thanks to my cardiologist (well....my heart, really...but it's easier to blame the doc!) I am no longer allowed to drink caffeine or alcohol.

These days, that's a good thing. I know me. I know I'd spiral down in a hurry with all the lockdown **** from the last couple years, and the inflation/depression these days.

Instead, I'm going the other way. Hard. Rowing machine every morning (1000M before shower and work). Mountain bike every evening (6 miles in 25 minutes). Trying to get IN shape, instead of simply being "a" shape (round).

I do miss my single malt though....

In college I was a founding member of our Screen Door Club. As in, "my liver looks like a..."
I was still riding my bike up until recently.....dang knees complained too much.

I tried a tribute for the fallen soldiers on D Day, 6JUNE1944. It was deleted because I was told it was political. I never said anything about politics. I just acknowledged their sacrifice.
It may have turned political by others. Sometimes it gets too long in the tooth to clean up all the comments (if there's a bunch of posts that's political) so it gets moved.

Maybe he's hungover and not paying attention to where he's posting? I see it's fixed.

View attachment 1299791

View attachment 1299795
Wasn't hungover.....just have an overhang is all....

Auto Transport Service
Back