• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drive shaft rips through floor hitting driver in head!

New super stock springs solved the lift and the shock problem.
So, again: I see Mancini has "Heavy Duty" leaf springs: "They're just like the production springs used on 1967-71 B-bodies with 440 c.i.d. or 426 c.i.d. equipped with a manual transmissions..."
And since I have a basically stock weight 70 Roadrunner:
Passenger side Super Stock spring for use in 3,800 lb. automatic transmission bracket cars. The front spring hanger must be replaced on B, E, F, J and M-body cars, A-body cars do not require the new front hanger. Spring has 8 leaves, 20 in. front segment with 1 clamp, 36 in. rear segment with 1 clamp, 56 in. overall length. The bottom 2 half leafs go toward the front of the car.
How can you improve your traction at the race track? Use these Super Stock leaf springs from Mopar Performance. They're designed to control torque roll, providing equal bite on the rear wheels through limited axle windup. These springs don't lock the rear, but allow it to move, keeping the tires in constant contact with the race track, where they belong
BUT
The description says 3800 pound car, "automatic transmission" and they don't have any "manual transmission" SS leafs..
SO
I'm guessing that the Calvert split mono leaf springs are MY best bet? I AM definitely using the Assassin Traction Bars!

Bio, my 62 is around 3400 with me in it, and uses a footbrake 727, so i'm using the 3400 springs, with old 3way comp engineering shocks. Your setup would need to be entirely different. I think you would be happy with either the assassins or the calverts, with the split monos and maybe the viking da shocks. Your car as it is now is much harder to hook up than mine, thats just a fact of life,so it will take more effort to make it work. Also, just a fact of life.

I think you would be happy with either the assassins or the calverts, with the split monos and maybe the viking da shocks.
That's clear and easy to understand.
I am not only receptive to those who say "You are right in choosing the double adjustable Viking rear shocks"...I'm only saying your statement is clear, AND takes into consideration MY situation.
If others look at MY car, and say "not the Viking DAs on the rear, here's why for your situation Biomedtechguy, Vikings are the wrong choice, but xxxxxx would be better for YOU and here's why.

Wow! Poor Bastard. Needs our Prayers. Tough Row to Hoe he has.

Wow! Poor Bastard. Needs our Prayers. Tough Row to Hoe he has.
Me figuring out what shocks to use?
Or the guy in the video?
All kidding aside, YES, and he is true grit man! A real American survivor, and a CREDIT to modest budget drag racers!
God bless and help him!

Auto Transport Service
Back