• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Driver arrested for traveling at more than 150 mph

I've heard they can hit 200.
My friend says he's got his to 165, with plenty of pedal left.
Didn't want to hit a deer

ha out in my neck of the woods, lake co jail is about 5 minutes from me. I've only opened up my srt like that once since I had it, hit 163 and let out, what a rush. Same scenario, about 1am empty highway, Very dangerous but boy was it fun.

I am sure it had more. I had a new corvette a few years back till my girl friend (now my wife) said you have cool cars why you driving a Barbie car. Anyway it had no where near that kind of HP and 165 was no problem for it.

PS: (Disclaimer) At that time the speed limit in Montana was reasonable and prudent and even a speed like that was only a small fine based on conditions.

Ok. The vehicles not hit by truckers.
Most 18 wheelers have nice deer plows on the front.

I am sure it had more. I had a new corvette a few years back till my girl friend (now my wife) said you have cool cars why you driving a Barbie car. Anyway it had no where near that kind of HP and 165 was no problem for it.

PS: (Disclaimer) At that time the speed limit in Montana was reasonable and prudent and even a speed like that was only a small fine based on conditions.
I remember the Montana law as well. It was a $10.00 fine but not for speeding. It was for wasting natural resources. My buddy & I tried to get one of those tickets back in 1983 but gave up when we went past a Montana trooper at 110 pulling my empty car trailer near Miles City. Maybe he was napping but there was no traffic and late afternoon at the time.

I remember the Montana law as well. It was a $10.00 fine but not for speeding. It was for wasting natural resources. My buddy & I tried to get one of those tickets back in 1983 but gave up when we went past a Montana trooper at 110 pulling my empty car trailer near Miles City. Maybe he was napping but there was no traffic and late afternoon at the time.
Yeah back in the day lol I was doing 100 on I 90 and people were passing me.

Other than the deer,sound like a good place for a big end charge.Only time I went that fast was on my rice rocket.The Meadowbrook Pkwy has no deer and our spot was dead straight.I was still young,dumb and full of cum:rolleyes:
Nowadays I have a 6 lane road,3 in eac:bs_flag:h direction of good ole china rock concret.Half a mile from my garage and a Great place for test hits when tuning:thumbsup:

Add boost and YE-HAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Yeah I know LOL!

DSCN3424.JPG

Who would think anybody would complain about a guy hitting 150 mph in a Mopar on a Mopar forum and doing it safely:realcrazy:. Yes I consider doing it on an empty road safe seeing how the only ones in danger are the ones doing it. I go out on the 4 lane at night and do slides and donuts... Why? Cause it's a freaking blast! I'm to chicken to go 150 mph though, to many deer and things happen fast at that speed.

Anybody that's gone 150MPH+ knows that thing can happen pretty damn fast. If someone wants to go out on a deserted road and open 'er up I don't have too much problem with that unless I have to help pay for cleaning up the mess (taxes). The ones that piss me off are the idiots I see on the freeway (mostly ricers) that are doing twice the speed limit weaving in and out of traffic.:mad:

It also depends on conditions and where you live I guess. I grew up in Wyoming and used to drive from Shoshoni WY. to Casper WY. 99 miles of flat straight black top. Some days (yes during the day time) We could drive that and see maybe one or two cars tops. Everyone would drive that stretch at 100+'

The only time I ever opened up my Roadrunner was on a desolate Highway in Arizona in the desert on a straight stretch GPS read 138, and that's cattle country out there! That would be like hitting a Prius head on.

The only time I ever opened up my Roadrunner was on a desolate Highway in Arizona in the desert on a straight stretch GPS read 138, and that's cattle country out there! That would be like hitting a Prius head on.
Yep when we were kids a friend of mine hit a black horse at night. Paul was doing 70 MPH in a 69 caprice 2 door hard top. Man was that thing a mess. I cant imagine what one of these newer cars would have looked like after seeing what it did to that boat. He wasn't hurt but there wasn't a straight piece left on his car.

Yep when we were kids a friend of mine hit a black horse at night. Paul was doing 70 MPH in a 69 caprice 2 door hard top. Man was that thing a mess. I cant imagine what one of these newer cars would have looked like after seeing what it did to that boat. He wasn't hurt but there wasn't a straight piece left on his car.
LOL I think cattle weighs a tid bit more than a horse! Sorry to hear about that 69 Caprice.

Had an 64 Olds Starfire hit a muskrat at 90 mph. Cut the him in half clean. The upper half was a 10 foot splat after it went under my car. Wish I still had that car. Saw in on flat bed truck after it was crushed. Blew that slim jim trans 3 times.

Auto Transport Service
Back