• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Driver arrested for traveling at more than 150 mph

I've heard they can hit 200.
My friend says he's got his to 165, with plenty of pedal left.
Didn't want to hit a deer

Hellcat Charger is rated at about 205mph

Why did he slow down? Just outrun the cop and get off a few exits later.

Why did he slow down? Just outrun the cop and get off a few exits later.

can't outrun a radio. plus it was on the Indiana toll road, limited access, no escape. I'd wager there wasn't anyone out there but him and that policeman. I'm ok with him doing that on that road, but as we say in motorcycle world...best to take it to the track.

Last edited:
got pop'ed for 153 back in the 80's.only got a ticket.did way too much street racing to still be alive today.

Hellcat Charger is rated at about 205mph

I had my challenger at 160 in fifth gear. --It was pulling hard with sixth gear to go.
My car was new and I was new to those kind of speeds. I -whimped out.:)-not the car.
What suprised me was how small and narrow a four lane flat ground freeway becomes at those speeds.
I'm ready for another go but -not- on public roads at any place anytime.

In my driving years I have hit five deer. One of them caused $7500 damage to my 09 srt8 at 30mph. A coyote or even an armadillo could make a huge mess for all at 200mph.

Who would think anybody would complain about a guy hitting 150 mph in a Mopar on a Mopar forum and doing it safely:realcrazy:. Yes I consider doing it on an empty road safe seeing how the only ones in danger are the ones doing it. I go out on the 4 lane at night and do slides and donuts... Why? Cause it's a freaking blast! I'm to chicken to go 150 mph though, to many deer and things happen fast at that speed.
Me, thats who. You know the guy? Good driver? Can handle the car? Was it a deserted road in the middle of know where? Did anyone ever drive at highway speed say 65 and have a car or bike pass them at well over a 100? You know how fast a vehicle comes up on you when they are traveling 150 MPH? Ask the trooper who pulled over this idiot. What gets me is how some dont miss a chance to knock young people for some of the stupid **** they pull as most of us did at there age but yet have no issue with this guy doing 150 plus with two passengers.

got pop'ed for 153 back in the 80's.only got a ticket.did way too much street racing to still be alive today.

Me too. (street racing that is) I got away with my life too many times to keep tempting the odds -and their is not nearly the room on the roads today that I recall from the 70s.

Last edited:
do you guys have unrestricted roads over there ?
http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/nt-speed-limits-permanently-derestricted-20150903-gje7jc.html

articleLeadwide-open-speed-limits-are-only-found-in-the-northern-t1017iu.jpg

No--We live where "practical thinkers"-hired to do what we hire them for -tend to go their own way as soon as they get in office. (they get a kind of amnesia).
We the voters are left to scramble with what we got until the next vote.

There are many places here that are very open places here to run -and a speed limits tend to be just a way to say hello from a cop to a driver.

I had one of those conversations in Wyoming with a cop that (IMO) just wanted to see my hellcat up close. ---I got a ticket for 84mph in a 75mph zone.--(this was flat country where one can see for miles and there was no traffic).

I admit my guilt and pay for my discretion/speeding that my insurance company views in their own way.

Last edited:
Is that all the thing could do was one fifty!? He must have only had the gas half way down.....

My biggest concern would be hitting a deer. At that speed it would kill everybody. Opening a vehicle up around here at 3am is risky.
Driving at that speed in Iowa is more than risky. You better have a big bank roll or a dam good attorney. Also there are the FAA fines for flying on a public road way at 160.
In Missouri you loose the car with a big fine anything over 100.
Also know someone who loaned his Comaro to his son. Had to buy the car back from the state of Kansas. His speeding ticket was a joke compared to the 15 years for felony charge of eluding a police officer and public endangerment.
I know I done it also it's always been a risk but really just pay for the track time lots safer and a whole lot cheaper.

Why did he slow down ? He would have lost that cop and had a great story to tell .

Had an 64 Olds Starfire hit a muskrat at 90 mph. Cut the him in half clean. The upper half was a 10 foot splat after it went under my car. Wish I still had that car. Saw in on flat bed truck after it was crushed. Blew that slim jim trans 3 times.
I changed slim jims in my Pontiac so many times too. Then a few years ago an older guy showed me how to fix them in 10 minutes. They used to have an issue where they would all of a sudden only have low gear. So we would figure they were done and swap them out. When it was only the little plastic gear on the shift governor. And you could change that in with out pulling the transmission and with out even dropping the pan. The olds starfire was a cool old car. Don't see them much any more.

Auto Transport Service
Back