• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drivers exterior mirror

BeepBeepRR

Local time
8:49 AM
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows how to tighten the upper part up on the base. Mines kinda floppy.

Last edited:
If it looks like this one there is a screw inside the base.

148622198323351564912.jpg 14862220355861066084952.jpg

yup
the head is held on by a screw or 2
you need to take it off the door to get to it.

My mirror is a little different than that one you posted a picture of. Its a post that comes up to a swivel on the back of the mirror. I think its the non remote mirror.
IMG_0837.JPG

If it is a non remote type then you can see the ball that it piviots on in back. It is similar to the rear view mirror piviot. I have taken a center punch and staked it on the ball to tighten it up. move the mirror all the way to one side and stake it on the same edge. then do the opposite side. You can do it to all 4 corners. I can post pictures after work if you still have questions. I have a non remote type I can show for reference. Hope this helps.

If it is a non remote type then you can see the ball that it piviots on in back. It is similar to the rear view mirror piviot. I have taken a center punch and staked it on the ball to tighten it up. move the mirror all the way to one side and stake it on the same edge. then do the opposite side. You can do it to all 4 corners. I can post pictures after work if you still have questions. I have a non remote type I can show for reference. Hope this helps.
that would be awesome.. I could use the pictures.. thanks.

You would stake it around the edge with a point of a punch where shown. I've done it on a rear view mirror so it's the same principle. But I think I read a thread a while back that someone removed the mirror glass and tightened the tab inside somehow. But I can't remember who posted it or how they got the mirror separated.

1487267612540-1082243317.jpg 1487267713319-1837842136.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back