• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dyno numbers are in.

Your actually doing very well to make power past 5000 with a XE, especially a 268. It's not a big cam. The 268xe is good at a giving a midrange power surge and your dyno run was a good example....from 3200-4200 your engine made a 100hp more ...from 4200-5200 it made 47hp more. Those numbers are largely from the cam design. When we put a degree wheel on a 268xe and spec'd it out....it is off the base circle faster then most cams, and when it shuts the intake it drops so fast the ramp dipped below the base circle a few thousands. It makes it more challenging to control the valves past 5000 with hydraulic lifters vs other grinds. I can't imagine a 268xe imo is going to like a single plane.

Last edited:
Quick google lists RPM range starting at 1600, so not truly "idle".
Even a stock 12" converter would flash above 1600. So yes I'd agree with the original statement. From idle to well over 4000. Nice job.
Doug

So why do they list it if it doesn't apply?

I've seen 1000, 1200, etc.

My idle is 650-700.

Don't ask me why I painted the engine bay of a Mopar black instead of the car color, but I did. 2 years ago. With the new engine going in, I decided to at least try and correct my mistake. So after 11 hours of masking, sanding, tacking, and then spraying sealer, base and clear, it's done. It's more of a good from afar, but far from good. Assuming the tranny shop gets me the transmission next Friday, the whole thing should be installed Saturday or Sunday. Have a great weekend all.

IMG_20200531_072614.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back