• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early B-Body hood scoops, opinions?

Done. Not a great fit, color match or finish. At the moment I can live with it.If I change my mind I still have the stock hood. This is a Sled City hood. It was created as a racecar part but even that doesn't excuse the bad fit.

I could have spent more time on it and gotten it closer but I got tired of tweaking.

View attachment 924480

Looks good from the picture. You should post some more pics. What was the worst part of the hood fitment? I'm about to buy a glass hood for my 64 Fury (not sure from who yet) so I'm curious what main issues the sled city one has.

Done. Not a great fit, color match or finish. At the moment I can live with it.If I change my mind I still have the stock hood. This is a Sled City hood. It was created as a racecar part but even that doesn't excuse the bad fit.

I could have spent more time on it and gotten it closer but I got tired of tweaking.

View attachment 924480
Actually, that looks really good in the picture.
As a 62 owner, I have a choice for fiberglass. Sled city, or....nobody. I'm grateful that there is at least somebody.

Glastec did a great job for the 64 Dodge. It's the hinge type fits perfectly. Fenders also great and hood scoop vfn fiberglass. Mw style the package was great customer service was great.

Well
Looks good from the picture. You should post some more pics. What was the worst part of the hood fitment? I'm about to buy a glass hood for my 64 Fury (not sure from who yet) so I'm curious what main issues the sled city one has.

Ok, here goes. This was the worst issue. Also even after fixing this the hood is a half inch too short. I left the gap at the back. I liked the guy from Sled City, but the hood left a lot to be desired.

20200221_173339.jpg 20200221_173328.jpg

Amen.....No excuse for that lack of quality & being that much off, especially when you consider what pieces like these cost!

Ya that makes sense. Im either going to go with unlimited fiberglass becuase they are an hour away from me (i know they have questionable feedback but i have yet to find ANY reviews on this forum) or glasstek as i know it will be great but probabaly cost twice as much or more with shipping.

Evan, I have no personal experience with unlimited, but word is that since a change in ownership, quality has improved dramatically.
As they are only an hour away, I would consider a drive to their shop, check out the layout and techniques, and if you place an order, you can pick it up, do an inspection, and avoid possible shipping damage.
I need a big cowl scoop for my opel, and I'm closer to them than you are. I'm going to give unlimited a try.

Evan, I have no personal experience with unlimited, but word is that since a change in ownership, quality has improved dramatically.
As they are only an hour away, I would consider a drive to their shop, check out the layout and techniques, and if you place an order, you can pick it up, do an inspection, and avoid possible shipping damage.
I need a big cowl scoop for my opel, and I'm closer to them than you are. I'm going to give unlimited a try.
Let me know how it goes and I will do the same when I'm ready for that project in a couple months... for now im in the middle of rebuilding the engine on my bug.

try glasstec great company and great craftmanship. i got the hood and scoop they do great work.

View attachment 924480
What-a-ya-gonna-do? Ya still can't say it's not a beautiful car.

If you use a Hemi scoop on a '64 Dodge, you know you HAVE to lose the inside headlights. Right?

I am kinda wanting a scoop on my pristine 64 Polara hood. The car is a 440 pushbutton 727, Dana 60 but not a race car, pretty docile setup. It will however flame the tires just by stepping hard on the pedal. Always have loved the Max Wedge cars though (thus my screen name...). So what do you think? Is a scoop overkill, ridiculous on this car? If not, do you like a MW scoop or a Hemi scoop? It would be a bolt on, probably painted satin black. If I do it I would probably buy it from Sled City after reading about them here. I was leaning toward the Hemi, but I kinda like the MW too. I know I want a low one, and I prefer MW scoops when the outside edges do NOT appear taller than the middle. Anybody want to show me theirs to help convince me?

Thanks, Bernie
View attachment 889520
Do the 64 Hemi scoop and convert the grill to two headlights like the super stock cars. I recently sold it but this is what mine looked like. I know mine was a race car, but I just thought they always looked good. Mine was a little taller than the stock hemi scoop to clear the carbs, go with the stock height.
havana2022.jpg

Do the 64 Hemi scoop and convert the grill to two headlights like the super stock cars. I recently sold it but this is what mine looked like. I know mine was a race car, but I just thought they always looked good. Mine was a little taller than the stock hemi scoop to clear the carbs, go with the stock height. View attachment 1471568
That's what i should do on my '65 coronet, since i have the super stock grill, too.

E8146D50-4A72-41D7-B332-806EBD99CEA0.jpeg

DD0DB207-9C3D-4CAF-8519-257F17D8990C.jpeg

As I said "sled City" not "quality People"!!!! They told me they had front bumper for a 66 Satellite. So i ordered, Sent me one for a 67????? Difference as you know is Directionals moved from grill into bumper. I ordered from them because they said they HAD IT ! No one else had it or could or would make it! Their answer finally got down to - "this is what we have", "any good body shop should be able to - FIX IT"!! I said "BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT I ORDERED OR WHAT YOU SAID YOU HAD" MY OPINION - BAD PEOPLE- MAKES NO DIFFERENCE OF QUALITY OF THE PART - IF IT'S WRONG- and NOT WHAT CUSTOMER WANTED OR ORDERED!!!! NO HONOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I said "sled City" not "quality People"!!!! They told me they had front bumper for a 66 Satellite. So i ordered, Sent me one for a 67????? Difference as you know is Directionals moved from grill into bumper. I ordered from them because they said they HAD IT ! No one else had it or could or would make it! Their answer finally got down to - "this is what we have", "any good body shop should be able to - FIX IT"!! I said "BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT I ORDERED OR WHAT YOU SAID YOU HAD" MY OPINION - BAD PEOPLE- MAKES NO DIFFERENCE OF QUALITY OF THE PART - IF IT'S WRONG- and NOT WHAT CUSTOMER WANTED OR ORDERED!!!! NO HONOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe i was lucky.......few years ago, i figured i'd plan a trip to OHIO to see a good MOPAR friend in Centerville OH which is very close to Larry @ Sled City. I figured i'd pick up a Hemi scoop for my '65 coronet while i was in the area & then head home back to SC. He told me to call & arrange a date, which i did, then got to OH & stayed for a few days with my buddy. Guess what, i called & called when i was in OH to set up a time to be there and never once got anyone to answer the phone or return a call. Bad thing is I went back to SC without a scoop. Good thing is I got to see a good friend who i hadn't seen in over a year.

October 2020??? What-in-the-world???????????
Sorry. I responded to the wrong post, then tried to back it out but failed. As I look at the rest of the thread, just so happens my observation holds true. MWfan, 1MEAN66, 8stackhemi, 383man, Hey-O and coloradodave (just a few) are all examples to emulate as far as I'm concerned, no matter when they were done.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back