• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay is your friend... Use it !

tpodwdog

Banned
Banned
Local time
12:21 PM
Reaction score
hi guys....i just want to tell you that alot of you guys are asking for parts that are EASILY obtained on Ebay. i just posted 6 links for things people are needing. there are a million bazillion gazillion parts on there for our cars.

in the past 14 months., i have restored 2....and working on #3 cars and i will say 90% of the things i needed i found on Ebay. a 1970 Road Runner...a 1966 Belvedere II...and im working on a 1972 AMC Javelin as we speak. ALL NICE REPRO STUFF...if that dont bother you......to me,,,new repro beats old beat up original stuff any day!

set yourself up a PAYPAL account through your bank. i have been ebaying for years and never had a problem with either Ebay or Paypal. thats all ya gotta do!! buying on Ebay is great....SELLING on Ebay suxx coz of all the fees....but youre buying and not selling !

search for what ya need....click it...pay for it , AND ITS AT YOUR HOUSE IN 3 OR 4 DAYS!...its that easy...and usually what you need is there....if it aint there today....you can bet it will be there in a day or a week .

thats all...thanx!:headbang:

I weighed in on the other topic but you are right spot on there Dawg. 90% of my 66 Ply Sat project has come from eBay. Tons of NOS stuff along with the re-pop items too. If it wasn't for eBay I doubt I would have even started this project. By the way...How are the re-skins of the seats doin??? If ya need an extra hand or help let me know...cr8crshr/Tuck:headbang:

lol...i just answered ya on that post over there,,,,we just crossed paths,,,,lmao ! if it werent for Ebay...i could NEVER have restored 2 cars in a year !

I agree, I would say 90% of my parts, NOS and repo and used came from Ebay. I have been on there 10 years now, without it I would probably not restore my Charger, not running across the country for one part.

There are a few things about Ebay that I'm not too crazy about. But that said, over the years I have found parts there that I probably would not have found any other way. Until something better comes along I'm using it to search for the rare stuff that I need occasionally.

Ebay was better when it 1st started when the average Joe was selling his excess.Now you really have to search for that guy,seems all you see is those stores with new stuff.When i look for 68 GTX stuff i get about 20,000 items and 90 percent of it dont even pertain to one.Most of my used shopping these days happens right here on FBBO or Moparts with a occasionable C/L buy.

Ebay is moving away from the average Joe sellers. Did you see how much BS you have to go through to list one part now? I buy on there, but selling just takes more time than I have to commit to listing parts.

I have been on Ebay 14 years next March, there is the Good, the Bad and the Ugly...You can find a good deal every now and then...I have bought Mopar stuff here on FBBO too...There are a few Mopar dealers on line with some pretty good stuff on Ebay, but like above posts says you need to filter out all the ****..Fuzzy Dice seems to fit every car made because it shows up in every search!!....
I find looking under "Used" can eliminate alot of B.S.

I too have never had a problem with ebay or paypal. The only complaint I will have about paypal is how long it can take them to act. I bought a twin turbo kit a while ago that cost $5,000. It came missing a bunch of parts. Tried making things right with the seller, and made no progress. Filed a complaint with paypal and they immediately looked into it. They couldn't get ahold of the seller, so they put me off for 3 months while they tried repeatedly to get ahold of the seller.

So it kind of irked me that it wasn't resolved for 3 months. But the good news is, since the seller refused to reply to them, they just took the money out of his account (wether it was there or not, they said lol) and gave it back to me. I didn't even have to return any of it because the only address they had for him was a p.o. box and the package was much to big for that. Ended up selling the remains of the kit (alot was missing, including a turbo) to a performance shop that did a lot of installs on stuff like that for $800. So technically I had a 3 month investment of $5,000 and made an $800 profit. :D

Dude, Did you really "restore" those cars, or just "deluxe em up"?

since i dont do body work, or paint...maybe restore was a bad choice in words. i buy my cars with good solid bodies, and that have already been painted or dont need painted....just rubbed out... and thats the #1 criteria when i do buy one.

i have rebuilt dashboards...fixed sick engines, replaced carpet...fix and / or change door lock mechanisms, window mechanisms .....all electrical that needs attention..front end rebuilds...brakes....you name it ive done it to these cars EXCEPT body work and paint !..and they needed quite alot of attention when i get them . so i would say "deluxxin' em up " would be a better choice of words.

for me to do body work and paint would almost cost as much in buying tools and a place to do it in, than a car would cost me....besides, i cant stand the smell of bondo and tiger hair...and i would rather not do body work anyway. the closest i get to painting is from a rattle can, and i have gotten good at that... lmao !

The purist our gathering the pitchforks right now, lol If you think about it - you take your car to a restoration shop they ,ake every single part on your car look brand new - did you really think they found factory original parts still in the box and stuck them on your car? lmao no they did not they went on ebay, or used one of the hundred other sites to buy parts.

I just picked up a set of grill and bezel clips and screws for my 69RR although not 100% correct what I need was in the kit.

I don't think ebay is moving away from the average joes selling their excess. They are still there, it's just that there are so many business folks selling on there you have to sort through a lot more auctions to find them. I remember using ebay to look for Pittsburgh Pirates and Steelers memorabilia back in the late 1990s, and there would be at most 30-40 items for sale. Now I do a search and there are 30-40 pages of items, so it isn't just car stuff, it's everything.

I do have one issue with ebay, and that's Custom Wheels Market and the rest of the aftermarket wheel sellers. I hate these guys! Seems like every search I do, I get a couple thousand results that are from these guys. I'll get 200 listings on a page, all from that damn CWM. They must die!

Also if you watch items on ebay you can get a good idea of what a good price is for an item. I'll usually watch a few of what I'm looking for before I buy so I know what they have been selling for. That way I know if I'm getting it at a good price.

i use ebay here and there and it does seem to have a lot of stuff i see people asking for on here.i got my current project from there.$2800 was a smoken deal for a 67 coronet 440 with no rust and a running 383.the deals can be found,you just need to look for them.be carefull and dont fall for scams!

Same here. I bought my charger off eBay, many part's for it and my coronet. Two bad experience's so far. One was a console for the cnet. It was an oem that got shipped and arrived broken. I really don't believe it was shipping damage since some plastic pieces weren't even in the box that were broke off. But the seller sent me an aftermarket console to replace the broken one. The second bad experience was the 906 heads i bought. Bad shipping prep and was damaged. Nothing could be done since seller didn't ship right. No insurance either.... yep live and learn on sleezy bay.

I agree. I bought my 1970 Roadrunner, my 1969 GTX / Roadrunner parts car and a mostly complete 1968 440 4 barrel minus pistons and connecting rods. All on ebay and paid for through paypal.

you good at rubbing it out, huh D?? lmao

so what did you find on e-bay then?? air-mail delmonicos???

yeah....a man could STARVE waiting for you to send some...so i went to wal-mart and got some. inch thickers baby......we feast tonight....!

Auto Transport Service
Back