• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY SUCKS

triggerdog1

Local time
9:57 PM
Reaction score
hi all.just feel like venting so thought i would share most recent and last experience as a seller on ebay
i sell a gorgeous e body steering wheel to a guy.probably one of the nicer wheels i have had over the years
guy gets it and sends me a nasty message about what a piece of sh-t he thinks my steering wheel is.rambles on and on about what he thinks is wrong with it
starts a return on ebay.
i will take it back and issue full refund,no problem but i am done with ebay
no protection for sellers no matter what they claim
thanks for listening

20211106_123242.jpg

It's a 50 year old steering wheel, what was the buyer expecting? Ya just can't fix stupid.

They are as biased as any "news" network and they don't even try to hide it.
Buyers have all the power there. Maybe their market research shows them that protecting buyers has less of an impact than protecting all participants?
Unscrupulous buyers can and do take advantage. Some go so far as to ship back different parts while keeping the originals. How do you fight against liars and cheats like that?

Last edited:
Flea-Bay is just as bad as Fake-Book!! I also had a similar experience with a buyer. I assume he broke the item, and contacted me about it. I said that I would refund his money, less shipping as he did not choose insurance, and that he didn't have to return it. I told him to just keep it and glue it together. Well, he leaves me negative feedback (In CAPS) lying about our conversation saying that I refused a refund and just told him to glue it back together. Flea-Bay wouldn't allow me to respond to the comment AND he had his feedback set to private, so the only feedback you could give was positive, but NO ONE could see it because it was private. Any comment made (bad/neutral/good) just increased the number, but did not differentiate between them. That is when I decided to quit selling on there.

this an issue with online sales. Conditions are very subjective.
Your photo posted here is pretty good. I see a good amount of wood grain left, no chips or nicks on the horn button, no cracks in the wheel. I assume it was expensive, so he was probably fishing to a "rebate".
If he is correct, a rebate is in order. If not, I make them return it and write off the extra shipping from my taxes. After consideration, he may choose not to return it. Nice wheels don't appear every day.
If he does return it, inspect for damage from his end.
eBay is on the side of buyers, but they have also made some fair decisions for me. The latest was a package that ended up in the bushes (Fedex) and he insisted I refund to him and go after Fedex to get my money back.
I told him Fedex doesn't give a **** about me and won't listen. I said he should get the counter phone number and speak to the actual driver who brought it. He got very angry and gave me a Negative Feedback.
eBay now has a button to push for complaints, and I pushed it. Within 5 minutes, the Negative was gone. He dropped the SNAD complaint, so he must have looked in the bushes.

Just posted other day about ebay with costs of shipping. Having sold and bought stuff for 20 years the site has become more difficult to use and try to get a hold of a live person. They’ve made that a hassle by design. I’ve only encountered a few buyers being ********. The dipshits do spoil it considering all the decent folks overall...and just one posting a negative comment screws your seller rating. When I do sell stuff I highlight any defects mentioning them and taking a close up photo even though they might only be due to the age/normal wear of the item. In any case, shipping costs now make selling stuff more of a PIA. I use fleabay less and unless it’s a special item that will likely attract buyers (like a nice steering wheel) take more stuff to the trash, recycler, or goodwill.

I dropped my account a while ago. As soon as they removed the feedback from sellers towards scamming ignorant buyers. The seller has no protection . In some cases. The buyer buying without thinking from a scammer (not in this case) has to fight with ebay to get funds back, 2 months later.

and now we have a global shipping program. Where between ebay and pp set up a broker to collect taxes and customs fees at shipping time. Bogus overpaying crap.

I've had some crappy sellers that tried to tell me something was open box and it arrived with dust, dirt and other crap on it. The seller confessed that it had been sitting in his garage and apologized. He had a no return policy but when I filed a compliant, he took it back.
A lot of times I find stuff on eBay a lot cheaper than somewhere else like Amazon.

I did not have much trouble with buyers, but ebay's fees have crept up, and earlier this year they changed how buyers receive their money. It's such a hassle I haven't sold anything there since, but may start up once I can figure the new system out.

I sold a really nice working 1968-69 AM/FM B-body thumbwheel radio several years ago. I had it professionally cleaned and checked out nothing wrong with it even had the receipt to prove it.

Buyer started a return on the radio claiming it didn't work and wasn't what was advertised for sale so it froze my money in pay pal. I checked the UPS tracking and it wasn't even delivered yet! Then called Ebay and showed them what was going on and they said I still have to accept the return even though my auction listing said no returns and it was clearly fraud. Fast forward the radio that was returned wasn't the same radio I sold... It was just a AM junk radio. Called Ebay back again and raised hell until they finally agreed to give me the money I was owed and was told the buyer also got their money back along with a free radio.

Google mapped the address and checked it out. Was a big *** lake front mansion with a really nice (1970?) Chevelle parked in the driveway.

After all the B.S. I closed my Ebay account and stopped selling or buying.

I sold a really nice working 1968-69 AM/FM B-body thumbwheel radio several years ago. I had it professionally cleaned and checked out nothing wrong with it even had the receipt to prove it.

Buyer started a return on the radio claiming it didn't work and wasn't what was advertised for sale so it froze my money in pay pal. I checked the UPS tracking and it wasn't even delivered yet! Then called Ebay and showed them what was going on and they said I still have to accept the return even though my auction listing said no returns and it was clearly fraud. Fast forward the radio that was returned wasn't the same radio I sold... It was just a AM junk radio. Called Ebay back again and raised hell until they finally agreed to give me the money I was owed and was told the buyer also got their money back along with a free radio.

Google mapped the address and checked it out. Was a big *** lake front mansion with a really nice (1970?) Chevelle parked in the driveway.

After all the B.S. I closed my Ebay account and stopped selling or buying.
Wow this would piss me off. Ebay is a too-big organization so big they give a **** about anyone. THIS kind of crap just makes it easier for more scammers to slither out. Suppose it's their way of avoiding all the mess...pay it off to both the honest guy and the scum-suck despite the latter getting the win. It's bullshit.

Heh, yeah....ebay.

I recently purchased a part for my mopar. Previously I asked the seller for a lot of specifics. He told me he had been working on Mopars for 30 years and he guaranteed perfect fitment. He didn't have returns accepted on his item, but ebay covered with their 100% money back guarantee. I bought the item. When it arrived I went to ensure it was a fit...lo and behold, it didn't. Since he didn't take returns...I filed with ebay. A day later they said the seller denied it. It took several days and calls to ebay to get it straightened out. In the meantime I was in contact with the seller to reach a fair agreement. He was an *** the whole time but, before I went with him, ebay called me ! They said it was all fixed they had reopened the case and they had refunded my money, he already got paid by me. So it was all over. The biggest thing that helped me was doing all the back and forth with the seller through ebay messages. They looked through them and saw the whole thing and ruled in my favor.

I used to sell Porsche parts on ebay some years ago. I had a worldwide business, FedEx and UPS pick ups at my house all the time. Never once did I screw a customer, nor did I get pissy with them. If they did not like the item, didn't fit, whatever...I refunded them. Of course they paid to ship it back to me. All my sales had that stipulated, and it worked. Never had any kind of problem or drama.

Ebay has lost its luster for me, too. Thankfully through FBBO and the contacts I have made here, I can get damn near anything I need.

Heh, yeah....ebay.

I recently purchased a part for my mopar. Previously I asked the seller for a lot of specifics. He told me he had been working on Mopars for 30 years and he guaranteed perfect fitment. He didn't have returns accepted on his item, but ebay covered with their 100% money back guarantee. I bought the item. When it arrived I went to ensure it was a fit...lo and behold, it didn't. Since he didn't take returns...I filed with ebay. A day later they said the seller denied it. It took several days and calls to ebay to get it straightened out. In the meantime I was in contact with the seller to reach a fair agreement. He was an *** the whole time but, before I went with him, ebay called me ! They said it was all fixed they had reopened the case and they had refunded my money, he already got paid by me. So it was all over. The biggest thing that helped me was doing all the back and forth with the seller through ebay messages. They looked through them and saw the whole thing and ruled in my favor.

I used to sell Porsche parts on ebay some years ago. I had a worldwide business, FedEx and UPS pick ups at my house all the time. Never once did I screw a customer, nor did I get pissy with them. If they did not like the item, didn't fit, whatever...I refunded them. Of course they paid to ship it back to me. All my sales had that stipulated, and it worked. Never had any kind of problem or drama.

Ebay has lost its luster for me, too. Thankfully through FBBO and the contacts I have made here, I can get damn near anything I need.
You have good customer service skills. A lost art in today's world.

hey all.great replies
just to clear up a couple of things.
the wheel is an ORIGINAL. so it is not perfect which i tried to explain to him.
there is about a 1/4 inch crack around one of the injection mold holes on backside of wheel
he stated that this wheel was redone by an amateur in his opinion.he complained about the color of the metal spokes on backside of wheel.he did not like the pits in the metal
he claims that it looks nothing like an original wheel.i disagree
then he had the nerve to complain that i wrapped the wheel in a soft cotton t shirt which he stated as using dirty old clothing!

20211106_123422.jpg

Flea-Bay is just as bad as Fake-Book!! I also had a similar experience with a buyer. I assume he broke the item, and contacted me about it. I said that I would refund his money, less shipping as he did not choose insurance, and that he didn't have to return it. I told him to just keep it and glue it together. Well, he leaves me negative feedback (In CAPS) lying about our conversation saying that I refused a refund and just told him to glue it back together. Flea-Bay wouldn't allow me to respond to the comment AND he had his feedback set to private, so the only feedback you could give was positive, but NO ONE could see it because it was private. Any comment made (bad/neutral/good) just increased the number, but did not differentiate between them. That is when I decided to quit selling on there.
Screw them BOTH!

It's a 50 year old steering wheel, what was the buyer expecting? Ya just can't fix stupid.
It's a 50 year old hard as **** to find in condition steering wheel at any price!

And on top of all that,,,there cut now is 13.5 %. they even tack there cut on to the taxs charged to the buyer which u have to pay..But the worst part is that starting end of year they will be 1099ing All sales over 600.00, down from 20000.00 that was changed last Febuary..To all sellers, not just ebay stores..Paypal will be monitored also based upon the 600.00 rule..

Auto Transport Service
Back