• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eccentric Bolt installation 70 B body

roadrunner57

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:13 PM
Reaction score
So which way are these critters installed, pic 1 or pic 2? After all the fixes on this car, I do not trust the way they were. Plus a YouTube video mentioned they are installed backwards of what they were.

thanks in advance.

715C62D6-C646-40D8-B223-0B537D218A5E.jpeg
C9F58FE9-E3D6-4405-BC1E-D8E5E47BD5A7.jpeg

they only go 1 way, the cam goes in the slot on the tower , thats your camber adjustment

I've always installed them with the threads in the engine compartment like pic 1, threads stay cleaner.

edit: You'll also thank yourself years later when they rust in place and you need to drive them out.

Last edited:
They were like pic 2 and I had to remove the shock to drive the old out. I Couldn’t adjust them either because they were frozen.

I always put them in with the nuts to the outside. Several reasons. 1- You can torque the nuts. 2-If you ever had to remove them and they are seized in the bushing it's about impossible to drive them from the inside out. 3-Thats they way they were installed when the car was built.

Your pic 1 is correct, cam on inside, nut on outside/engine comp side.

Auto Transport Service
Back