• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eddy heads

here's another question, are the rpm heads drilled and tapped for all the alt and ps brackets?

Alternator yes, the power steering brackets don't bolt to the head.

There is another factor to consider and that is dynamic compression. That is, the static and the overlap/duration of the cam and what the motor "actually" has for compression. With aluminum heads and large cams (not sure what you are running) you can live with pretty decent compression on 92 octane. Obviously carb, jetting, ignition has to be optimized as well as load on the motor. Weight, converter, gear etc. No two cars will be the same.

That said, look at what compression the new Vette has using 92 octane? It can be done with a carb, I have done it. Not same make but I ran a 462 ci motor for years at 11.6:1 comp on nothing more than 92 pump gas. Attention to carb jetting, timing, cam duration and converter made it possible.

Not suggesting this is the course for everyone but if your goal is maximum HP and performance with pump gas, you can push the limit further w/ aluminum heads and a well picked combination.

I just ordered a set of the 75cc e-street heads from Amazon.com for 1175.00 delivered to my door...

I just ordered a set of the 75cc e-street heads from Amazon.com for 1175.00 delivered to my door...

Do you have a link? When I searched amazon.com, I found a pair for $1356, and that's with an Amazon Prime account. Thanks.

Here's another question... are the factory shaft hold downs compatible with aluminium heads?

Do you have a link? When I searched amazon.com, I found a pair for $1356, and that's with an Amazon Prime account. Thanks.

There was only one available I had been watching it for a while now. What scares me is the amazon listing say cylinder head not plural, I hope its a pair!

I found them on Amazon .com through frugalmechanic.com Now I can't find that link for 1171.36 w/free shipping anymore!
The add said head, but the picture was a pair.
They should be delivered today according to the delivery notice....we will see later in the day!

The cylinder heads arived by Fed-Ex today...the total bill was 1171.36 including shipping. The heads come 2 in one box....can't buy just one.
Amazon must have pulled the promotion. I got mine they look great...all the stock hardware will work but need special head bolts with washers. I already have those.

You got a screaming deal. Cool. Can you confirm if they are straight or angled plugs?

65 coronet 171.jpg65 coronet 172.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back