• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edelbrock STR-15

rolling_Thunder

Local time
3:17 AM
Reaction score
So... went digging through my shed yesterday and realized I have some random parts I forgot I had in there.

Anyway - I have an Edelbrock STR-15 intake (with the cross ram lid)

By all accounts this intake was not a great performer but at least it looks cool... does anyone have any wisdom or tricks for this thing? I was thinking of throwing it on my 64 Polara but I already am building the RB block for it and have an 8-71 on the shelf....

Any idea what this chunk of aluminum is worth ? I see the STR-14s for sale here and there - the last 15 I saw discussed for sale was back in a forum post in 2007?

Best suggestion I have is to look at Completed Auctions on ebay and see what they went for. It's "worth" only as much as someone will pay you for it. They DO look cool!!!

I sold an nos one 2 years ago for $1500.

hmmmm good points. I always thought it would be nice to have a cross ram set up - this could be run on an RB block with spacers from what I remember -

8BB7560B-7F4F-4177-98BF-819EF12809B2.jpeg

I wonder how much better this would work with a FiTech "Go EFI 2×4" setup over carbs ?

I wonder how much better this would work with a FiTech "Go EFI 2×4" setup over carbs ?

Probably not great as the issue seems to be fuel distribution and turbulance though the intake itself. So even thought the throttle bodies mix the air/fuel better it doesnt overcome the root cause of lack of performance (IMO)

what a guy can't have two many projects ? if you die without finishing them all , you don't have enough ! lol .

Auto Transport Service
Back