• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electric fan on 67 GTX

Gary Lowry

Local time
8:03 AM
Reaction score
Well boys and girls its here. 90 plus degrees daily. The B body especially 67/67 does not give us very much room for an electric fan in from of the radiator with A/C. Who has the answer. Looks like two 9 or 10" ones mounting on either/both sides of the grill to chassis bracing. Mine got hot in a parade late Saturday afternoon over Cruisin Cajun Country. Puked about 2 cups out. Happened after I cut it off and walked away.
Waiting on the board to light up with your knowledge.

Gary

Geez....this subject has been beat to death on this board. I personally have not had good luck with electric pusher fans. It helps in traffic but you overheat on the highway since it blocks air flow. I've run 2 pushers, a big puller, 2 pushers + a big puller....all overheated.

The best I've found is a factory fan with fan clutch (73+????) and a fan shroud. Removing the thermostat & running maybe 25% antifreeze & 75% distilled water + one bottle water wetter (iron heads) or Lucas/Royal Purple (aluminum heads) will definitely help instead of 50/50 antifreez

I run (2) 12" Maradyne puller fans and a Champion radiator on my 66 Big Block Belvedere. They will pull about 1500 CFM each and keeps my running right. The only issue I have with those fans is the amps they demand. I ran relays at the front of my engine bay, increased the wire size and made the wires as short as possible.

Aluminum 3 pass rad and a single Spal 16" pusher with no shroud.
I was beating it pretty hard tonight! 1st cruise night,hit 2 places and nevet went over 180*

5.23.18 021.jpg 5.23.18 023.jpg 5.23.18 024.jpg

hayden 2947 fan clutch and big 7 blade chrysler fan.

....with a proper shroud (big difference)

Dual spal 12" on a custom made shroud and a Derale PWM fan controller and an electric water pump...180 as long as you want to let it run no matter how hot it is. It is now a parade friendly car.

20170709_204902.jpg

What are you running now? Cam timing act? If you're running a mechincal its so important that you have a shroud and that all the little areas where the air can bypass the radiator are sealed off to ensure that it all goes through the radiator.
Cam and timing also play a big part of the heat that's generated.

What are you running now? Cam timing act? If you're running a mechincal its so important that you have a shroud and that all the little areas where the air can bypass the radiator are sealed off to ensure that it all goes through the radiator.
Cam and timing also play a big part of the heat that's generated.
Mike is so right! Make certain the timing and the advance are set properly before you check and tune the carb so that your not too lean! Lean make heat QUICK and can overwhelm your cooling system.

Auto Transport Service
Back