• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electric fuel pump shut off

Local time
7:37 AM
Reaction score
I'm trying to get a "Modified Collector" plate for my car. I took it into a Government approved shop and l was told that it needs to have a cutoff switch that is independent of the ignition key. I have a master cutoff switch beside my seat but that isn't good enough. It has to engage in the event of a rollover and l was unconscious. What do you guy's use ??? Also l need a windshield washer setup. Anyone know of a "Discreet" aftermarket Washer setup ?
received-315904562819444.jpg

Last edited:
Several ways to achieve the fuel pump shut off. You can use an inertia switch or relays which are powered through the alternator field wire or oil pressure switch (when the engine stalls the relays shut off power to the fuel pump as there is no oil pressure or the alternator field wires go from - to +). google fuel pump safety shutoff wiring and you'll find plenty of ideas.

inertia switch from any ford would work perfect. On trucks (92-7)there located behind the passenger kick panel. Wiring is pretty easy. And will be available for years to come. Any self service yard should have them for probably next 2 decades as there in every ford build in that era not sure before or after. Pretty sure anything injected by ford.

Auto Transport Service
Back