• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electric Motor activated air grabber - Anyone try this?

I got fed up of buying vacuum actuators from China that last a few months. These actuators are dirt cheap off ebay, just had to make a new bracket. I had to space it over to clear the 26" radiator because they are a bit longer than the vacuum unit.

View attachment 372449 View attachment 372450 View attachment 372451
Hey Mick - I realize you posted back in 2008...soo yeah shot in the dark here. Is that the 2" Linear Actuator yeah got there? I'm digging the setup and looking to replicate. Hope you're still out there running those Mopars!

Hey Mick - I realize you posted back in 2008...soo yeah shot in the dark here. Is that the 2" Linear Actuator yeah got there? I'm digging the setup and looking to replicate. Hope you're still out there running those Mopars!

Yes if I remember correctly its got a 2" stroke.

WHY re-invent the wheel? There are several suppliers as well as eBay, that could furnish a repro or refurbished vacuum actuator that would look and function like the origion installation. Duplicating the N96 option is or can be an expensive undertaking.
Consider:
Wilson Products www.n96airgrabber.com or
upload_2020-10-21_18-34-19.png

Call us Toll Free: 855.JOSHCAR or 855.567.4227

Cuda Parts | Challenger Parts | Dart Parts | Demon Parts | Duster Parts | GTX Parts | Road Runner Parts | SuperBee Parts |Charger Parts | SuperBird Parts | Chevy/Pontiac Parts
BOB RENTON

Finally got around to starting the process. I am just waiting for the fibreglass base to cure. Basically getting my feet wet by making a baseplate so I can use my new K&N X-stream filter top. Next up will be working on determining the measurements for a sealable air-box with a flapper.

IMG_20220821_095935355.jpg

IMG_20220821_095953162.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back