• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electrical / Ignition Issues

Ajax

Local time
1:08 AM
Reaction score
I've had it, I've had it, I've had it! Just a little back story, I purchased a Pertonix Ignitor II with the Flamethrower II coil for my 1966 Belvedere II with a 360. Dropped it in and cranks but no start. Put old points back in and now it cranks but no start. I've checked almost everything electrical to the point where I'm wondering if I have a fuel delivery issue. I know this topic has been done to death. What I would like to know is where can I get a good set of manuals complete with electrical diagrams so I can have a complete understanding of everything electrical in this car.

wiring diagram

Go to this site "Tools and Reference" and you will find wiring diagrams.:yes:

gotta give Kudos to MYMOPAR for their resource section. If you are thinking fuel, does it fire with starting fluid? Have the plugs been soiled from repeated tries?

Ok, engine was running with points before conversion. Followed directions to the T (including jumping the ballast resistor). Checked coil, good. 7mm wires exactly 1 year old same with spark plugs, ballast resistor, voltage regulator, battery (optima that is putting out 12.3 v), battery cables. I ran a power wire directly from batt. to coil and a ground wire from batt. to dist.. Installed new dist. cap. Not getting spark at plugs. What else electrically could it be? Therefore, I will check out that link and get down to the bottom of this. I want to drive my mopar!

Scotts74birds, yes, the plugs are residued and I have yet to try starter fluid.

pull the main wire from the coil to the dizzy (at the dizzy) and rest it close to it but not quite connected and have someone turn it over. do you get a spark jumping from coil wire to dizzy? this will tell us if the problem is in the dizzy or coil also is it just on spark on initial crank or is it a constant cracking

Auto Transport Service
Back