• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Empire 1000 ZE/X Stereo Cartridge

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:11 PM
Reaction score
Is this still a viable piece? Had it since the 70's and well, don't have anymore vinyl these days. I guess I'm asking if it's worth anything.....it was used mostly for recording to tapes.

They were considered a high end cartridge back in the day. Still commanding a couple hundred dollars on ebay for used ones, and new stylus are still available.

They were considered a high end cartridge back in the day. Still commanding a couple hundred dollars on ebay for used ones, and new stylus are still available.
Decided to take a look as it's been years since looking and it surprised me!

They are excellent Transducers/Cartridges from back in the day. I have extensive experience in the Audio field and have studied the topic through my College studies at SIU in Audio Marketing. Still commands a hefty price and as long as the main body is still functional, a replacement stylus is available, it should last for years and more to come. I still, spin my LPs and have a system that I still enjoy. Nothing like vinyl compared to digital CDs. I even have digitally mastered vinyl records that play as well as they did back in the 70s when I purchased them...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Auto Transport Service
Back