• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine build suggestions

Check out several books. Lots of ideas out there. 40 years ago I trusted the Mopar "Bibles". Then decided there were other paths. A lot of the old Mopar stuff was good & still applies. But check out folks experience. Also BB parts available are so much better than the old days.

Just curious, what shop are you using? Might be in the market soon :D

Just curious, what shop are you using? Might be in the market soon :D
United Speed World in north Tampa. They have been great so far. Very communicative! In fact I just got back to the office after spending some time at the shop going over the details. Staff are great. They gave a tour of the machine shop and went over a bunch of the builds they currently have in progress.

While I have everything apart, I am looking to put in new motor mounts and a torque strap. Can anyone provide recommendations?

Schumacher Creative Services for both.

Do yourself a favor, use something like 'mitymount' engine mounts (or you can even make your own from the stock-style ones). They'll still give you the vibration dampening but won't lift like the stock ones always end up doing

Motor coming back next week. Was by the shop today to drop of my intake and carbs for them to put on. Motor is mostly assembled...bottom end done, cam in, heads on. Shop will have it on the dyno Tuesday/Wednesday! Back in the car next weekend. This is better than Christmas!

Stand by for all the motor spec's and dyno results.

Its getting so close, I can almost taste it!

Capture.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back