• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine compartment castor /camber covers

Eric Pearson

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:28 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me or send me some pictures of the engine compartment covers that are installed in the aft position. I have the forward ones that are made of steel. But I don’t have the back ones and have no idea what they look like or what they are made of. Thanks

The rear ones are a fibrous type of material similar in thickness to roofing paper.

The rear ones are.. ummm.. rubber...
beerestoration2019part2 874.JPG
beerestoration2019part2 868.JPG
beerestoration2019part2 879.JPG
beerestoration2019part2 880.JPG

Road Runner....
Yeah, I don't recall what the material is called but it isn't rubber. The ones I have are a stiff and grainy mat.

8841A043-5522-4956-AAFD-784A176FF40B.jpeg
2C109244-4AC4-4C7F-9A6E-56B1DB310103.jpeg

They are held in place by unique pins.

5D147FC0-6783-484B-AE96-6892CFC9368A.jpeg
516DE4F2-5DF7-4521-8456-46BC0929456F.jpeg

Maybe some were rubber but mine seem to be different. Mine are about 1/16” thick.
Dodge trucks used similar material.

E54E8049-01EA-4FDF-8B2A-064B75CF2409.jpeg

I've seen both, but my OE's are rubber off the Bee and Bird. Crusty, oil soaked, heat baked and easily cracked, but it's rubber.
beerestoration2019part2 872.JPG

They do look the same. Maybe some mix of rubber and fibers. I never knew exactly what they were. I know of nowhere else that this material is used except as flexible covers.

Once again, Dad to the rescue. I wasn't worried about the covers but the brake line routing on the passenger side answered a question that I encountered today. Thanks Dad.
Just a question but shouldn't the rubber shield be installed from the wheel side on both?
I put both mine on the outside, just because I think they look/work better that way. But, Wayne has proven years ago, that the one side came from the factory on the inside.

Detroit Muscle carries them along with the push in clips.
These are great people to deal with!
For the cost(and they come with the correct clips)just buy a pair and save yourself the hassle.
Perfect reproductions made in the USA in the original extruded rubber grain!

D46252E8-9F0E-4A4C-A0E1-291880A66708.jpeg

Last edited:
Get the SS clips and put some silicone grease on them so they can slide in the holes without taking the paint off the edges. Hopefully.
Mike

Once again, Dad to the rescue. I wasn't worried about the covers but the brake line routing on the passenger side answered a question that I encountered today. Thanks Dad.
Just a question but shouldn't the rubber shield be installed from the wheel side on both?
Mine were originally installed on the outside on my ‘69, which makes more sense in regards to performing an alignment.

If we get our power and internet back...90k winds here.. I'll post a little video I just took of an OE cover. As for inside or outside. Outside would have made a lot more sense IF they had of put mounting holes in the frame rail like the drivers side.

Both my ‘69 Super Bee and Charger were on the outside and look to have been from day 1. Low mile vehicles, unmolested, owned since ‘81 & ‘85 respectively.

69 and 70 Lynch Road cars, both on inside. I've known where the Bee has been since I was 7 years old..

Auto Transport Service
Back