• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ESPO HD leaf springs

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:07 AM
Reaction score
Anyone here using the matched set of 6 leaf springs from ESPO? They are rated at 140 in. lbs. spring rate, compared to the standard XHD 6/7 staggered springs that would have came stock on Hemi and 440 cars and are rated at 130 in. lbs.
This would be going in a 69 Bee 4-speed with about 600hp.
I would like the extra stiffness unless a matched pair would cause problems on takeoff.

Well I have their +2” HD springs on my GTX, but I only have a 350hp 440. But I can tell you they aren’t too stiff, they ride really good, there is traction issues if you’re trying. Just regular take off though, everything is fine for me.
:thumbsup:

I have them on my '63, but the car has not been on the road yet, so no performance review. Has the stance I like...
12959.jpeg

I just want the factory stock height, but a bit more firm. Right now I have a set of 15 year old MP XHD 6/7's. Going for a different look and bought some Cooper Cobra 295/50's. Put them on my 10" rims. They look awesome, but the sidewalls are kissing my inner fenders when turning up into a sloped driveway. I have 7/8" clearance back there, so am thinking maybe my springs are getting a little weak and allowing more body roll than I want. Eaton sells special order 175 in lb springs, but I don't want to spend 1K them......

I have the 6 leaf HD springs from ESPO. They don't feel stiff. The ride is very comfortable. They brought up the rear ride height.

I have the 6 leaf HD springs from ESPO. They don't feel stiff. The ride is very comfortable. They brought up the rear ride height.
I ended up ordering a set of 6/6 140 in. lb. springs from ESPO last week so I will give them a try. 3-4 weeks for delivery.

I ended up ordering a set of 6/6 140 in. lb. springs from ESPO last week so I will give them a try. 3-4 weeks for delivery.
Good. That's what I have; the 6/6. Mine have been on since 2004. Here is a pic of my Coronet with the 6/6 springs.

Coronet 1.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back